St Kilda and Brighton Railway Company
The St Kilda and Brighton Railway Company was a railway company in Victoria, Australia. The company opened a line from St Kilda in Melbourne, Australia to Bay Street (now North Brighton) in 1859 and Beach (now Brighton Beach) in 1861.
In November 1853, a Bill was introduced in the Parliament of Victoria for incorporation of a company to be called the "Melbourne, St. Kilda and Brighton Railway Company".
Then in December 1855 another Bill was planned to be presented to Parliament to incorporate the "St. Kilda and Brighton Railway Company". Charles Ebden was chairman of directors of the Company.
The St Kilda and Brighton Railway Company and the Melbourne and Suburban Railway Company were taken over by the Melbourne and Hobson's Bay Railway Company in 1865. The combined company, known as the Melbourne and Hobsons Bay United Railway Company, was taken over by the Government of Victoria in 1878 and it became part of the Victorian Railways.
- "Legislative Council. Notices of Motion and Orders of the Day". The Argus. Melbourne. 31 October 1853.
- "The St. Kilda and Brighton Railway Company". The Argus. Melbourne. 22 December 1855.
- Serle, Geoffrey (1966). "Ebden, Charles Hotson (1811 - 1867)". Australian Dictionary of Biography. Canberra: Australian National University. Retrieved 8 January 2014.