Speedy Hire (LSE: SDY) (Speedy) is a provider of tools and equipment hire, based in the United Kingdom, and also provides services to the construction, infrastructure, industrial markets. The company was founded in Wigan in 1977, and now operates nationally across the United Kingdom and Ireland from over two hundred fixed sites, and in the oil and gas markets in the UAE and Kazakhstan.
|Traded as||LSE: SDY|
|Headquarters||Haydock, United Kingdom|
|David Shearer (non executive Chairman)|
Andrew Connor (buying director))
Russell Down (CEO)
|Products||Tools, Lifting, Survey, Power, Rail, Powered Access, and Complementary Services in Training, Testing, Inspection and Certification, Fuel Management, Event Management, Airport Services, Partnered Services, and Consumable Sales|
|Revenue||£377.4 million (year–Mar 2018)|
Number of employees
The company provides:
- Hire: Consisting of over 3,500 product lines, the hire business encompasses our core tools business, and our specialist businesses which include lifting, survey, power, rail and powered access.
- Tools: The latest hand tools and accessories including an extensive range of environmental next generation Green Options (GO) products
- Lifting: A broad range of equipment and training for any lifting requirements, supported by Speedy's expert Lloyds British business
- Survey: Some of the most technologically advanced and accurate instruments from leading manufacturers in the industry, all fully maintained and calibrated by expert teams at Speedy's approved Leica Service Centres
- Power: An industry leading fleet of the latest energy efficient hybrid generators, compressors and pumps for every size of project, combined with Speedy's fuel supply management service
- Rail: RISQS accredited, providing a range of industry compliant assets that are supported by a project management service
- Powered Access: National offering supported by Speedy's Prolift and Platform Sales & Hire businesses, complemented with a dedicated training division
- Testing: Provided through the Lloyds British brand, the Company ensure their customers remain compliant through providing testing, inspection and certification for a broad range of market sectors
- Training: Supported by Geason Training acquired during FY2019, Speedy's offering provides apprenticeships, NVQs, professional skills training and safety courses and hundreds of progressive end to end training courses to thousands of customers across the United Kingdom
- Product and consumable sales: Offering over 8,000 core products and 36,000 in their extended range both at a local level and through a central managed procurement team
- Fuel management: Speedy is the only plant hire company in the United Kingdom with its own fully integrated fuel division, providing a competitive fuel supply or a fully managed service that can help customers reduce consumption, minimise deliveries and reduce overall costs
- Events management: Offering a fully project managed installation and recovery service on major national and international sporting events, national news events, outdoor festivals, indoor arenas, television and film productions and exhibitions
- Airport services: Providing a dedicated airside hire, training, testing and inspection, servicing and maintenance service with one point of contact for all airport contractors
- Partnered Services: Providing a one stop shop approach for customers with a complete plant and equipment service through partnerships with industry leading suppliers
Speedy have achieved a solid turnaround in performance in the last three years, with increases in financial metrics such as revenue and profit, and improved operational performance. It has also grown its powered access, training and testing, inspection and certification offerings with the value adding acquisitions of Prolift and Platform Sales & Hire Limited, Geason Training, and Lloyds British respectively.
- "Results for the year ended 31 March 2018". Speedy Hire.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Speedy Hire.|