Southwestern Buckeye League
The Southwestern Buckeye League (SWBL) is an Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) sports conference made up of schools located in southwestern Ohio, mainly around the greater Dayton and Cincinnati areas. It was established in 1944.
|Bellbrook||Golden Eagles||Bellbrook||Purple, Gold
|Brookville||Blue Devils||Brookville||Royal Blue, White
|Monroe||Hornets||Monroe||Navy Blue, Gold
|Valley View||Spartans||Germantown||Navy Blue, White
|Dixie||Greyhounds||New Lebanon||Scarlet, Gray
|Madison||Mohawks||Middletown||Red, Black, White
|Milton-Union||Bulldogs||West Milton||Red, White, Black
|Northridge||Polar Bears||Northridge (Montgomery Co.)||Scarlet, Gray
|Waynesville||Spartans||Waynesville||Orange, Black, White
- Compiled from the SWBL page at SWBL History
- The SWBL was created in 1944 by charter members Vandalia Butler, Tippecanoe, Versailles, and Milton-Union.
- West Carrollton and Eaton joined in 1947.
- The league added Trotwood-Madison and Wilmington in during the 1950-51 school year, after which Versailles left along with Wilmington.
- For the 1951-52 school year, the SWBL consisted of: Butler, Eaton, Milton-Union, Tippecanoe, Trotwood-Madison and West Carrollton.
- In 1953, Randolph (Northmont) and Oakwood were added to bring the league total up to eight. Randolph would consolidate into Northmont in 1959, which took their place in the SWBL.
- Brookville and Northridge were added in 1958 to make the SWBL a ten-member league.
- After the 1971-72 school year, Eaton left and was replaced by Greenville.
- A huge change came in 1975 when Butler, Northmont, Trotwood-Madison and West Carrollton left and were replaced by Bellbrook, Carlisle, Dixie, and Valley View.
- After the 1981-82 school year, Milton-Union and Tippecanoe left with Greenville, who was replaced by the school they had replaced: Eaton.
- In 1984, Madison and Preble-Shawnee both joined.
- Milton-Union returned in 2001 with Waynesville and the SWBL split into two six-team divisions. The Southwestern Division consisted of Bellbrook, Eaton, Milton-Union, Oakwood, Preble-Shawnee, and Valley View; while the Buckeye Division was made up of Brookville, Carlisle, Dixie, Madison, Northridge, and Waynesville.
- In 2006, Franklin and Monroe bring the league total up to 14.
- Bradford Railroaders (1941–42)
- Vandalia Butler Aviators (1950–75)
- Tipp City Tippecanoe Red Devils (1944–82)
- Versailles Tigers (1944–51)
- Trotwood Trotwood-Madison Rams (1950–75)
- Wilmington Hurricane (1950-51)
- West Carrollton Pirates (1947–75)
- Englewood Randolph Township Bobcats (1953–59, consolidated into Northmont)
- Clayton Northmont Thunderbolts (1959–75)
- Greenville Green Wave (1972–82)