Southern Pacific 2467
Southern Pacific Railroad (SP) 2467 is one of 15 heavy 4-6-2 Pacific type steam locomotives built by Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1921, designated the P-8 class. 2467 was retired from service in 1956. On July 25, 1960, the locomotive was donated to Oakland, California, where it was placed on display at the Harrison Railroad Park. In July 1990 a restoration began by the Project 2467 Inc which later merged into the Pacific Locomotive Association. In June 1999 it was returned to operation and made an appearance at Railfair 1999. Although serviceable, SP 2467 is currently on static display while on loan from its operator, Pacific Locomotive Association, Inc., to the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento, California.
|Southern Pacific 2467|
Southern Pacific 2467 has two surviving siblings. P-8 class Southern Pacific 2472 is owned by the Golden Gate Railroad Museum and once operated on occasional services at the Niles Canyon Railway until 2015. It is now at the Northwestern Pacific Railroad. P-10 class Southern Pacific 2479 is owned by the California Trolley and Railroad Corporation and is undergoing restoration at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds in San Jose, California.