Southern Midlands Council
Southern Midlands is a local government body in Tasmania, covering the southern region of the Tasmanian central midlands. Southern Midlands is classified as a rural local government area and has a population of 6,043, the major localities of the region include Campania, Kempton, Mangalore and the principal town of Oatlands.
|Southern Midlands Council|
<mapframe>: Couldn't parse JSON: Syntax error
Map showing the Southern Midlands local government area.
|• Density||2.3/km2 (6.0/sq mi)|
|Established||2 April 1993|
|Area||2,561 km2 (988.8 sq mi)|
|Region||Southern Midlands region|
|Website||Southern Midlands Council|
History and attributes
On 2 April 1993, Oatlands and Green Ponds were amalgamated with parts of the municipalities of Brighton and Richmond to form the new Southern Midlands Council. Southern Midlands is classified as rural, agricultural and large (RAL) under the Australian Classification of Local Governments.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Southern Midlands". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Agency Details: Southern Midlands Municipal Council". search.archives.tas.gov.au. Tasmanian Government. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Local government national report 2014-2015". regional.gov.au. Australian Government. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- Southern Midlands Council official website
- Local Government Association Tasmania
- Tasmanian Electoral Commission - local government