South High School (Cleveland, Ohio)
South High School was a public high school located in Cleveland, Ohio in the historic Slavic Village neighborhood. It was part of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. Opened in 1894, it was the second high school established in the city. Their nickname was the Flyers. On June 2010 South High was closed by the 2010 Academic Transformation Plan that was issued by the Cleveland Public School System.
|South High School|
7415 Broadway Avenue
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Closed||June 10, 2010|
|Color(s)||Black and Orange|
|Athletics conference||Senate League|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Athletic Director||Sherian Poole-Martin|
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Baseball - 1961
Notes and references
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on September 23, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- District Website
- South High School yearbooks available on Cleveland Public Library Digital Gallery, various years 1907 to 2010