South African National Climbing Federation
South African National Climbing Federation (SANCF) is the governing body for sport climbing, involving lead climbing, bouldering and speed climbing in South Africa. SANCF oversees competitive climbing across the country as well as the promotion and development of the sport in artificial climbing environments. SANCF is affiliated to the world body International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC) with full member status, and SASCOC.
|Affiliation||International Federation of Sport Climbing|
|Location||Jukskei Park 2153|
SANCF organises national competitions across various age (including under 13, under 15, under 17, under 19 and open), and gender categories in the main disciplines such as the National Boulder Series Championships and National Lead Climbing Competition in addition to sending representative teams to compete at international events. South African climbers also participate in the Montagu Rock Rally, Boven Rock Rally, and The Rory Challenge.
The South African National Climbing Federation (SANCF) was founded in 2010, with the aim of the promotion of sport climbing among South African youths. It is an organisation run with the help of volunteers who share their experience and talents. SANCF was affiliated to the world governing body IFSC in 2010, which made it possible for it to send a team of 16 youths, as South Africa's first competitive climbing team, to the 2011 IFSC World Youth Championships held in Imst, Austria.
- "Teacher's handbook" (PDF). SANCF. p. 2. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- "Member Federations". ifsc-climbing.org. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "SANCF Executive Committee 2017". SANCF. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "SANCF South African National Climbing Federation". ndorfin.co.za. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Climbing". arnoldclassicafrica.com. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "South African National Climbing Federation". sascoc.co.za. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "2015 National Bouldering Series Championships". climbing.co.za. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "The 2014 National Lead Climbing Competition". climbing.co.za. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "2013 National Lead Climbing Competition". westerncapeclimbing.co.za. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "IFSC World Youth Championships, an exclusive interview with South Africa's team assistant coach". climbing.co.za. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "St John's pupil climbs high". rosebankkillarneygazette.co.za. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- "03_Oct 2011 - Mountain Club of South Africa". mcsa.org.za. Retrieved 23 November 2017.