Sophia Loren: Her Own Story
Sophia Loren: Her Own Story is a 1980 American made-for-television biographical film directed by Mel Stuart and starring Sophia Loren as herself. The film was written by Joanna Crawford based on the 1979 biographical book Sophia, Living and Loving: Her Own Story by A.E. Hotchner and originally aired on NBC on October 26, 1980.
|Sophia Loren: Her Own Story|
|Based on||Sophia, Living and Loving: Her Own Story|
by A.E. Hotchner
|Written by||Joanna Crawford|
|Directed by||Mel Stuart|
|Music by||Fred Karlin|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Roger Gimbel|
|Running time||150 minutes|
|Production company(s)||EMI Television|
Roger Gimbel Productions
|Original release||October 26, 1980|
- Sophia Loren as Sophia / Romilda Villani
- Armand Assante as Riccardo Scicolone
- John Gavin as Cary Grant
- Rip Torn as Carlo Ponti
- Theresa Saldana as Maria Scicolone
- Edmund Purdom as Vittorio De Sica
- Riccardo Cucciolla as Dominico Villani
- Anna Miserocchi as Louisa Villani
- Francesca De Sapio as Dora
- Cyrus Elias as Guido
"I thought it was an extremely dangerous thing to do," said Gavin of playing Cary Grant. "I wouldn't have touched the role if I thought it wasn't done in good taste... I realise I'm laying myself wide open to criticism. All I can say is I'll do the best I can."
- SOPHIA ON A 1950 SET--SEND IN THE CLONE Mills, Nancy. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 05 Oct 1980: r5.
- GAVIN AS GRANT: A TEST OF TASTE Mann, Roderick. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 01 July 1980: g1.