Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), based in New York City, is a subsidiary of the Japanese conglomerate Sony Corporation. It serves as the company's US headquarters, and manages the company's US-based businesses.
|Sony USA Inc.|
|Founded||February 15, 1960|
|Headquarters||25 Madison Avenue,|
It was reported in December of 2016 by multiple news outlets that Sony was considering restructuring its U.S. operations by merging its TV & film business, Sony Pictures Entertainment, with its gaming business, Sony Interactive Entertainment. According to the reports, such a restructuring would have placed Sony Pictures under Sony Interactive's then CEO, Andrew House, though House wouldn't have taken over day-to-day operations of the film studio. According to one report, Sony was set to make a final decision on the possibility of the merger of the TV, film, & gaming businesses by the end of its fiscal year in March of the following year (2017). However, judging by Sony's activity in 2017, the rumored merger never materialized.
|Sony Electronics USA Inc.||February 15, 1960||San Diego, California||Sony Corporation of America|
|Sony Entertainment Inc.||2012||New York City, New York|
|Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.||August 7, 1991||Culver City, California||Sony Entertainment|
|Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan||February 10, 1984||Tokyo, Japan||Sony Pictures Entertainment|
|Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group||1998||Culver City, California||Sony Pictures Entertainment|
|Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Inc.||June 1978||Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group|
|Sony Wonder||July 26, 1991||New York City, New York||Sony Pictures Home Entertainment|
|Sony Pictures Television Inc.||November 1948||Culver City, California||Sony Pictures Entertainment|
|Sony Music Entertainment||2008||New York City, New York||Sony Entertainment|
|Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC||1955|
|Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC||November 16, 1993||San Mateo, California||Sony Corporation of America|
|Sony DADC US Inc.||1983||Terre Haute, Indiana|
|Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc.||October 1, 2001||San Mateo, California||Sony Mobile Communications AB|
Notes and references
- "Corporate Fact Sheet".
- "Who We Are". Sony Corporation of America. Retrieved 2019-03-12.
- Aldrich, Rachel (12 December 2016). "Why would Sony merge its gaming and film units?". TheStreet.
- Atkinson, Claire (12 December 2016). "Sony considers merging gaming and film divisions". New York Post.
- Cooke, Chris. "Revamp of Sony's entertainment business could more closely align Sony Music with Sony/ATV | Complete Music Update".
- Our Businesses, Sony Corporation of America
- "Corporate Fact Sheet". Sony Corporation of America. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Outline of Principal Operations". Sony Corporation of America. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- Company Overview of Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc. Bbloomberg
- "Sony to Acquire Optical Archive Inc". Sony Corporation of America. 2015-05-27. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "iCyt Mission Technology Renamed Sony Biotechnology" (PDF). Sony Corporation of America. 2012-10-18. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-11-19. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- Sony Enters the Flow Cytometry Business in Life Science Field by Acquiring iCyt Archived 2010-02-15 at the Wayback Machine
- "Sony acquires Micronics, Inc., US diagnostic device development venture, Acquisition to accelerate development and commercialization of Point of Care diagnostic products". Sony Corporation. 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2012-04-06.