Sonia Petrone is an Italian mathematical statistician, known for her use of Bernstein polynomials for nonparametric methods in Bayesian statistics.[RBP][BDE][CPP] With Patrizia Campagnoli and Giovanni Petris she is the author of the book Dynamic Linear Models with R (Springer, 2009).[DLM]
Education and career
Petrone earned a laurea in economics and social science from Bocconi University. She completed her Ph.D. in 1989 at the University of Trento. After working at the University of Pavia from 1991 to 1998, and at the University of Insubria from 1998 to 2001, she became a full professor of statistics at Bocconi University.
Petrone was the president of the International Society for Bayesian Analysis for the 2014 term.
With Sara Wade and Silvia Mongelluzzo, Petrone won the Lindley Prize of the International Society for Bayesian Analysis in 2010. She is also a Fellow of the International Society for Bayesian Analysis.
|RBP.||Petrone, Sonia (1999), "Random Bernstein polynomials", Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, 26 (3): 373–393, doi:10.1111/1467-9469.00155, MR 1712051|
|BDE.||Petrone, Sonia (1999), "Bayesian density estimation using Bernstein polynomials", The Canadian Journal of Statistics, 27 (1): 105–126, doi:10.2307/3315494, JSTOR 3315494, MR 1703623|
|CPP.||Petrone, Sonia; Wasserman, Larry (2002), "Consistency of Bernstein polynomial posteriors", Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, 64 (1): 79–100, doi:10.1111/1467-9868.00326, MR 1881846|
- Sonia Petrone, Bocconi University, retrieved 2018-02-26
- Past Officers, Board Members, and Appointments, International Society for Bayesian Analysis, retrieved 2018-02-26
- Lindley Prize, International Society for Bayesian Analysis, retrieved 2018-02-26
- ISBA Fellows, International Society for Bayesian Analysis, retrieved 2018-02-26
- Reviews of Dynamic Linear Models with R:
- O'Brien, Carl M. (April 2010), International Statistical Review, 78 (1): 157, doi:10.1111/j.1751-5823.2010.00109_26.x, JSTOR 27919824CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Niemi, Jarad B. (August 2010), The American Statistician, 64 (3): 268, doi:10.1198/tast.2010.br643, JSTOR 20799924CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Migon, Helio S. (December 2010), Biometrics, 66 (4): 1311–1312, doi:10.1111/j.1541-0420.2010.01512.x, JSTOR 40962532CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Shang, Han Lin (October 2011), Journal of Applied Statistics, 38 (10): 2369–2370, doi:10.1080/02664763.2010.517938CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)