Something Money Can't Buy
|Something Money Can't Buy|
British Quad poster by Dougie Post
|Directed by||Pat Jackson|
|Produced by||Joseph Janni|
|Written by||Pat Jackson and |
|Music by||Nino Rota|
|Edited by||Sidney Hayers|
|Distributed by||Vic Films Productions Ltd|
Harry and Anne Wilding return to civilian life after service in the army. They have trouble readjusting, and Harry eventually quits his council job and goes into business, selling food from a mobile canteen. Anne becomes jealous of the daughter of Harry's backer. Anne gives up her job to concentrate on her marriage.
- Patricia Roc as Anne Wilding
- Anthony Steel as Captain Harry Wilding
- Moira Lister as Diana Haverstock
- A. E. Matthews as Lord Haverstock
- David Hutcheson as Buster
- Michael Trubshawe as Willy
- Diane Hart as Joan
- Charles Victor as Borough Treasurer
- Henry Edwards as Gerald Forbes
- Mary Hinton as Mrs. Forbes
- Joss Ambler as Mr. Burton, the auctioneer
- Michael Brennan as Fairground boss
The film was a rare comedy role for Steel, who made it immediately prior to shooting The Planter's Wife (1952). It involved Roc returning to London after two years in Paris, where she lived with her French husband. She and Steel had an affair during the making of the movie which resulted in Roc having Steel's baby.
- BFI Collections: Michael Balcon Papers H3 reprinted in British Cinema of the 1950s: The Decline of Deference By Sue Harper, Vincent Porter p 41
- "NEW BRITISH COMEDY". The Australian Women's Weekly. National Library of Australia. 3 June 1953. p. 40. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "Talking of Films". The Australian Women's Weekly. National Library of Australia. 13 February 1952. p. 31. Retrieved 7 May 2012.