Soldier's Farewell Stage Station
'Soldiers Farewell Stage Station was a stagecoach stop of the 1858-1861 Butterfield Overland Mail route before the company moved to the central route (former Pony Express route). West of "Soldiers Farewell Hill" on the west bank of a drainage arroyo, the stop was on the Butterfield Overland Mail route (1858-1861) in Grant County, New Mexico. According to the Overland Mail Company Through Time Schedule, it was 150 miles (33½ hours) west of El Paso, Texas and 184½ miles (41 hours) east of Tucson, Arizona. Located 42 miles east of Stein's Peak Station and 14 miles southwest of Ojo de Vaca Station.
Soldiers Farewell Stage Station
|Coordinates: 32°21′24″N 108°22′9″W|
|Elevation||5,144 ft (1,568 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||894993|
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Soldiers Farewell Stage Station (894993)". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2013-08-03.
- Google Maps
- List of Stations from New York Times, October 14 1858, Itinerary of the Route
- Street Scale map from TopoQuest (accessed July 6, 2008).
- Soldiers Farewell Stage Station, New Mexico (Locale)