Software Advice is a company that provides advisory services, research, and user reviews on software applications for businesses in markets such as Medical, CRM, HR, Construction, "Business Intelligence" and "Marketing automation" in addition to more than 300 other categories.
|Traded as||NYSE: IT|
|Blake Clark (General Manager)|
Co-founded in 2005 by CEO Don Fornes and Austin Merritt, it now operates as a subsidiary of Gartner since 2014.
Software Advice, Inc., formerly known as River Guide, Inc., was co-founded in 2005 in San Francisco, California by CEO Don Fornes and Austin Merritt, the company's former general manager and COO. The company provides advice on different software solutions for buyers in several verticals: construction, medical, retail, property, manufacturing, distribution, electronic health record, CRM, applicant tracking systems, and more. In 2009, the company's headquarters moved to its current location in Austin, Texas. In March 2014, Software Advice was acquired by Gartner, Inc., a global information technology research and advisory company.
The company advises buyers on software products via free telephone consultations with software analysts. The Software Advice website gives pricing and demo information on individual systems, as well as market reports based on buyer interactions, and detailed reviews and comparisons. The company's reports have been used as a source of expertise in Forbes, Entrepreneur, Huffington Post, Business Insider, Yelp, Inc., and the Wall Street Journal among others.
Software Advice releases biannual reports to highlight top software products in different categories. Its FrontRunners for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), April 2019 report analyzed the software solutions that companies use to track information such as inventory management, accounting, and customer relationship management. In the report, Software Advice used analyzed data to plot the market’s top ERP products graphically, based on Usability and User Recommended. The other FrontRunners reports also base scores on Usability and User Recommended.
- >Shultz, Ross (March 18, 2014). "Gartner, Inc. Small Acquisition Provides New Solution for Small Businesses". TechInsider. Archived from the original on March 21, 2015.
- >Edwards, Andrew (February 14, 2014). "Software Fatigue and How to Fight It". ClickZ. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015.
- >"Software Advice, Inc" (Company Profile). Bloomberg Business. Archived from the original on 2017-12-08.
- Rivera, Janessa (March 11, 2014). "Gartner Acquires Software Advice" (Press release). Stamford, Connecticut: Gartner. Archived from the original on March 10, 2015. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- "Their first office was a bedroom—wait until you hear about their first hire". Built In Austin. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- Sommer, Brian. "The Learner Buyer – Why Software Advice is taking off". ZDNet. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "Report: 40% of EHR Buyers Replacing Current System". www.beckershospitalreview.com. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- Schwartz, Heidi (2014-06-24). "Spreadsheets Instead Of CMMS?". Facility Executive - Creating Intelligent Buildings. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "Software Advice: Igniting Success in the Lone Star State". Texas Public Policy Foundation. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04.
- "These 7 Austin tech companies welcomed new leaders in November". Built In Austin. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "Blake Clark". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- Lyons, Dan (April 7, 2014). "The 'Yelpification' of the Software Buying Process: A CMO's Guide". Hubspot. Archived from the original on July 24, 2016.
- Bredenberg, Al (June 11, 2014). "Successful Software Selection: Do Your Due Diligence". ThomasNet. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016.
- "Don Fornes, Founder & CEO - Software Advice". Business Interviews. 2013-06-26. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- Council, Forbes Agency. "Five Strategies (Old And New) To Improve Communications In The Senior Care Industry". forbes.com. Archived from the original on 15 December 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- LaPlante, Alice. "CenturyLinkVoice: 4 Tips For Securely Accepting Payments". forbes.com. Archived from the original on 15 December 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- LaPlante, Alice. "CenturyLinkVoice: Get Your Daily Fiber...Network". forbes.com. Archived from the original on 15 December 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- Guppta, Kavi. "5 Roles That Will Power 21st Century Human Resources Departments". forbes.com. Archived from the original on 8 December 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- Herrick, Jonathan (10 October 2017). "4 Ways You're Misusing Your CRM Data". entrepreneur.com. Archived from the original on 2 February 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- Flannery, Marki (17 March 2017). "Supporting Home Health Aides in Their Vital Work Assisting America's Seniors". huffingtonpost.com. Archived from the original on 21 July 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- GmbH, finanzen.net. "AdvancedMD Named Leader in Gartner's FrontRunners for Electronic Medical Records Quadrant - Markets Insider". businessinsider.com. Archived from the original on 8 December 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Survey: Yelp is #1 Choice for Finding Doctors, Lawyers & Home Service Providers - Yelp". yelpblog.com. 25 June 2015. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Insight Job: CRM Lets You Use Data You Already Have To Win More Business". inc.com. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "4 Companies That Can Help You Find Better Customers". inc.com. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- Wang, Shirley S. (26 June 2017). "What Doctors Are Doing About Bad Reviews Online". Archived from the original on 19 February 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2018 – via www.wsj.com.
- "Best Donor Management Software for Non-Profits - ASI". www.advsol.com. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- Quirk, Elizabeth (2019-07-09). "Software Advice Names FrontRunners for Enterprise Resource Planning, April 2019". Best ERP Software, Vendors, News and Reviews. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- "Gartner's Software Advice names Buildium to 2018 FrontRunners Quadrant". Buildium. 2018-12-07. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- "Software Advice Tapped for Inc. 5000 List [Professional Services Close - Up]". unified-communications.tmcnet.com. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- "Top Workplaces - the Austin American-Statesman". www.topworkplaces.com. Archived from the original on 8 August 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- Official website - Site resources include a collection of research on software and technology market trends, as well as a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Calculator to determine ROI for on-premises vs. SaaS systems. Example of a software and technology company profile on Software Advice