Snap Judgment (TV program)
|Created by||Lizz Winstead|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 min|
|Original release||April 1, 1999 –|
According to a review in the New York Observer, "Snap Judgment, hosted by the AM radio personality currently known as Lionel, is a novelty for Court TV, a satirical examination of the process it otherwise treats so reverently. The show contains court testimony from absurd lawsuits and profiles of obscure players in the legal profession." According to The New York Times, "Shown on weeknights, the show features Lionel offering sardonic commentary on legal events in the news and video excerpts from trials, often from small-claims courts. An "expert" then joins Lionel in analyzing the cases. One recent case: a fight between two neighbors over injury to a chicken that inspired producers to book the Chicken Man, whose usual job is on-street promotion for poultry dinners."
- Lizz Winstead – Creator, Executive Producer
- Barry Lank – Head Writer
- Bruce Cherry – Writer
- Charles Ezell – Writer
- Naomi Boak, Emily Benton – Executive Producers
- Naomi Boak. "Naomi Boak – LinkedIn". LinkedIn. Retrieved 22 September 2010.
- "Court TV Adds the Irreverence of Lionel to Evening Schedule With Snap Judgment" (Press release). Court TV. March 24, 1999. Retrieved 2010-09-24.
- Colton, Michael; Bogdanovich, Peter (April 4, 1999). "Lizz Winstead Returns … and So Does Marv". New York Observer. Archived from the original on September 8, 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-24.
- Stamler, Bernard (May 30, 1999). "Law Lite". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-09-24.
- "Snap Judgment at Film.com". Film.com. Retrieved 22 September 2010.