Barbeque Integrated Inc. (or simply Smokey Bones and doing business as Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill) is an American casual dining restaurant chain. Owned by Barbeque Integrated Inc. and under the umbrella of Sun Capital Partners, Smokey Bones is headquartered in Aventura, Florida. As of August 2015, Smokey Bones has 66 restaurants in 16 Eastern states. Under its previous owner, Smokey Bones had as many as 128 restaurants across most of the United States before it shrank to its current core area.
|Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill|
Number of locations
Number of employees
Barbeque Integrated Inc
|Footnotes / references|
In August 1999, Darden Restaurants, Inc. opened the first Smokey Bones restaurant in Orlando, Florida, at the site previously occupied by Red Lobster and close to Darden's headquarters. By June 2001, Darden had opened 8 additional Smokey Bones BBQ Sports Bar restaurants in Florida, the Midwest and Northeast.
On May 5, 2007, it was announced that Darden Restaurants was closing 56 Smokey Bones restaurants and planning to sell the remaining 73 in its struggling chain. The closings occurred in 22 states, primarily across the southwest and north-central United States.
- "Smokey Bones Names Ryan Esko as CEO" (Press release). PR Newswire. August 4, 2015. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- "Sun Capital Partners, Inc. | Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill". Sun Capital Partners. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- "Darden restaurants to close, sell Smokey Bones locations". MarketWatch. May 6, 2007.
- Jackson, Jerry (July 23, 1999). "Darden Cooks Up Barbecue". Orlando Sentinel.
- Jackson, Jerry (September 13, 1999). "2 New Area Restaurants Open Doors In Wildly Different Style". Orlando Sentinel.
- "Darden Restaurants Announces National Expansion Of Smokey Bones BBQ Sports Bar" (Press release). June 21, 2001.
- "Darden Restaurants Sees Charge On Sale, Closure of Smokey Bones". CNBC. May 6, 2007.
- "Darden to sell Smokey Bones restaurant to Barbeque for $80 mln". Reuters. December 4, 2007.