Sky du Mont
Sky du Mont (born Cayetano Neven du Mont; 20 May 1947) is a German actor.
Sky du Mont
du Mont in 2011
Cayetano Neven du Mont
20 May 1947
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Other names||Sky DuMont|
Sky du Mont family, who is related to the famous publishers DuMont Schauberg, fled the Nazis in the 1930s to South America. He was born in Argentina as the son of a German and the British Chiquita Neven du Mont (1921–2018). He grew up in England, but came to Germany in 1969, where he studied acting between 1969 and 1972 in Munich.
In Germany, he is well-known for playing suave and urbane, sometimes villainous or shady upper-class-characters since the 1970s. He appeared in three of the commercially most successful German film comedies of all time: In Otto – Der Film (1985) as an aristrocratic-looking swindler, as the villain "Santa Maria" in the Western comedy Der Schuh des Manitu (2001) and in Traumschiff Surprise – Periode 1 (2003), where he reprised his role as "Santa Maria" and played a second role as "Herzog William der Letzte" in the Middle Ages.
In international cinema, Sky du Mont portrayed the Hungarian businessman Sandor Szavost in Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut (1999) and played one of the Nazi killers in The Boys from Brazil (1978). Other international roles include the US-miniseries War and Remembrance as Claus von Stauffenberg and a recurring role in the soap opera General Hospital in the 1980s.
Du Mont made an uncredited appearance in Das Boot as an officer aboard the resupply ship Weser. While he only appears in the background in the theatrical and director's cut, his full appearance is featured in the uncut mini-series. He serves as the German narrator of Thomas & Friends. Sky du Mont also does a lot of voiceover work for commercials as well as television continuity for German channel Pro 7.
Sky du Mont lives in Hamburg and has been married four times. In 2016, he separated from his wife Mirja Du Mont, who is also the mother of two of his three children, Tara Neven du Mont and Fayn Neven du Mont. His third and oldest son is named Clemens Neven du Mont.
He was a member of the Free Democratic Party and supported them in campaigns, but left them in early 2018.
- Silence in the Forest (1976)
- The Boys From Brazil (1978) (credited as "Guy Dumont")
- Avalanche Express (1979)
- Goetz von Berlichingen of the Iron Hand (1979)
- Lion of the Desert (1981)
- Night Crossing (1982)
- Otto – Der Film (1985)
- Eyes Wide Shut (1999) as Sandor Szavost
- Manila (2000)
- Der Schuh des Manitu (2001)
- Traumschiff Surprise – Periode 1 (2004)
- Bullyparade – Der Film (2017)
- Derrick - Season 3, Episode 2: "Tod des Trompeters" (1976)
- Derrick - Season 5, Episode 6: "Klavierkonzert" (1978)
- Derrick - Season 7, Episode 6: "Die Entscheidung" (1980)
- Derrick - Season 9, Episode 7: "Hausmusik" (1982)
- Inside the Third Reich (TV miniseries) (1982)
- The Winds of War (TV miniseries) (1983)
- Derrick - Season 11, Episode 4: "Drei atemlose Tage" (1984)
- Scarecrow and Mrs. King - Season 2, Episode 2: "The Times They Are a Changin" (1984)
- Derrick - Season 12, Episode 1: "Der Mann aus Antibes" (1985)
- Love with the Perfect Stranger (1986)
- Derrick - "Der Augenzeuge" (1986)
- Derrick - "Die Stimme" (1988)
- Derrick - "Die Mordsache Druse" (1988)
- War and Remembrance (TV miniseries) (1988 - 89)
- Derrick - "Mord im Treppenhaus" (1992)
- Judith Krantz's Secrets (TV miniseries) (1992)
- Derrick - "Ein Objekt der Begierde" (1993)
- Derrick - "Der Schlüssel" (1994)
- Derrick - "Ein Mord und lauter nette Leute" (1995)
- Derrick - "Zeuge Karuhn" (1996)
- Arme Millionäre (2005)