Sis Hopkins is a 1919 comedy film directed by Clarence G. Badger and starring Mabel Normand. The supporting cast features John Bowers and Sam De Grasse. The plot involves an unsophisticated and eccentric country girl who comes to the city to stay with wealthy relatives. Initially they underestimate her because she behaves so differently.
Based on a play made famous by Rose Melville, the film was released by the Goldwyn Pictures Corporation on March 2, 1919 with a running time of 50 minutes. It is not known whether the film currently survives, and it may be a lost film. It was subsequently remade in 1941 under the same title with hillbilly comedian Judy Canova playing Normand's role.
- Progressive Silent Film List: Sis Hopkins at silentera.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sis Hopkins.|
- Sis Hopkins in the Internet Movie Database
- Sis Hopkins in Turner Classic Movies
- Sis Hopkins at Answers.com
- Sis Hopkins at Listal.com