Sir Thomas Trevor, 1st Baronet
|Died||5 February 1676|
Trevor was the son of Sir Thomas Trevor of Trevalyn Denbighs, Lord Baron of the Exchequer. He was auditor for Duchy of Lancaster in 1640, In November 1640, he was returned as Member of Parliament for Monmouth in the Long Parliament. There was a double return with William Watkins which was not resolved immediately. When some of the voters petitioned against the result, his opponent was forced to stop sitting as an MP until the dispute could be resolved. Meanwhile, he was created a baronet (of Enfield in Middlesex) on 11 August 1641. His election was finally declared void in November 1644. By this time, Parliament had suspended by-elections to fill vacancies because of the Civil War, and when they resumed Trevor was instead elected MP for Tregony in 1647. He was, however, excluded from the Commons in Pride's Purge the following December.
Trevor married firstly Anne Jenner daughter of Robert Jenner of London and secondly Mary, daughter of Samuel Hortrey of Kew. He had no children and the baronetcy became extinct on his death. His estates passed to Sir Charles Wheler, grandson of Mary, a sister of Sir Thomas Trevor's father.
- Carlyle, Edward Irving (1899). Lee, Sidney (ed.). Dictionary of National Biography. 57. London: Smith, Elder & Co. p. 228. . In
- Willims, W.R. (1895). Parliamentary History of the Principality of Wales. p. 135.
- Willis, Browne (1750). Notitia Parliamentaria, Part II: A Series or Lists of the Representatives in the several Parliaments held from the Reformation 1541, to the Restoration 1660 ... London. pp. onepage&q&f=, false 240, 246.
- Brunton, D; Pennington, D H (1954). Members of the Long Parliament. London: George Allen & Unwin.
- Cobbett's Parliamentary history of England, from the Norman Conquest in 1066 to the year 1803. London: Thomas Hansard. 1808.
- Burke's Extinct and Dormant Baronetcies (2nd ed.). London: John Russell Smith. 1844.
- Oldfield, T.H.B. (1816). The Representative History of Great Britain and Ireland. London: Baldwin, Cradock & Joy.
|Parliament of England|
Sir Richard Vyvyan
| Member of Parliament for Tregony
With: John Carew
|Baronetage of England|
|New creation|| Baronet