18 June 1964
|Alma mater||University of Auckland|
|Occupation||Broadcast journalist, barrister|
|Relatives||Ross Dallow (father)|
Graeme Dallow (uncle)
Matthew Dallow (brother)
Dallow, who is the son of Ross Dallow, was educated at Liston College and St Peter's College. He completed his tertiary education at Auckland University, where he studied law. After completing his legal studies, Dallow practised as a litigation and insurance lawyer in Auckland, New Zealand.
Whilst on his OE, the 1987 stock market crash occurred, causing him to change careers, as a future in bankruptcy law was unappealing. Dallow then spent the next six years as a Contiki Tours tour director in Europe, where he met future wife Alison Mau. Both returned to New Zealand in 1993, and began working for TVNZ.
Dallow has been employed by TVNZ since 1993, initially as a presenter for TV2's Newsnight, alongside then-partner Alison Mau and Marcus Lush. From 1995, he and Mau presented the mid-evening edition of One Network News; the couple moved to the weekend bulletins in 1998. Since 2006, he has co-anchored 1 News at Six alongside Wendy Petrie. The programme is normally broadcast live from an Auckland city studio; however, Dallow often broadcasts live on location for breaking news stories. From 2005 to 2007, Dallow also presented the mid-morning slot on Mix, then known as Viva FM.
- "Wendt awarded top New Zealand honour", Stuff News, 5 September 2013. (Retrieved 5 September 2013)
- "Simon Dallow". Archived from the original on 12 March 2007.
- "Marcus Lush to host Newstalk ZB's night show". New Zealand Herald. 11 December 2014. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- "Broadcaster Angela D'Audney has died". New Zealand Herald. 6 February 2002. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- "Simon Dallow's unscripted bulletin". New Zealand Herald. 8 September 2006. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "The Diary: 'Paul's still got a way to go': Wife". New Zealand Herald. 12 June 2012. Retrieved 17 November 2018.