Spaccesi in 1997
|Born||August 1, 1926|
|Died||June 2, 2015 88) (aged|
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
Born in Macerata, Spaccesi studied in a Salesians of Don Bosco School, and made his official theatrical debut with the stage company held by Angelo Perugini. Moved to Rome, he formed at the Silvio d’Amico Academy of Dramatic Arts. He was best known for the musical comedy Forza venite gente, in which he played the role of Pietro di Bernardone, Francis of Assisi's father.
Spaccesi was also active as a voice actor and a dubber. He voiced Yoda in the Italian versions of the Star Wars original trilogy and Santa Claus in The Nightmare Before Christmas. He was also the Italian voice of Orville in the 1977 Disney film The Rescuers and the second voice of Barney Rubble in The Flintstones. Spaccesi often dubbed actors such as Gustav Knuth, Charles Durning, Frank Oz and Jack Warden in a select number of their films.
Spaccesi died in Rome on June 2, 2015 at the age of 88 just a few days after the death of his partner Rosaura Marchi.
- Yoda in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Yoda in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Doc Hopper in The Muppet Movie
- Glenn Purcell in Airport 1975
- Oren Trask in Working Girl
- King of Swamp Castle in Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Ed Traxler in The Terminator
- Colonel Erhardt To Be or Not to Be
- Blindman in Young Frankenstein
- Mr. Tarkanian in The Great Muppet Caper
- Mr. Wing in Gremlins
- Mr. Wing / Janitor in Gremlins 2: The New Batch
- Ghost of Christmas Present in The Muppet Christmas Carol
- James Gordon in Batman
- Charles Dreyfus in Revenge of the Pink Panther
- Brett in Alien
- Sergeant Hulka in Stripes
- Uncle Walt in Twilight Zone: The Movie
- Hoagy in Pete's Dragon
- Jacobs in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
- Eli Sands in The Concorde ... Airport '79
- Christie in The Quatermass Xperiment
- "Silvio Spaccesi's dubbing contributions". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved September 12, 2018.
- Lorenzo Monachesi (June 3, 2015). "Addio a Spaccesi, attore genuino: indimenticabile tra cinema e teatro". Il Resto del Carlino. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- Maurizio Verdenelli (June 7, 2015). "I "ragazzi" di viale don Bosco ricordano Silvio Spaccesi". Cronache Maceratesi. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- "Macerata, è morto Silvio Spaccesi "Forza venite gente" lo rese famoso". Il Messaggero. June 2, 2015. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- Andrea Francesco Berni (June 2, 2015). "Addio a Silvio Spaccesi, iconica voce di Yoda negli Star Wars originali". Bad Taste. Retrieved June 7, 2015.