Silver Spirit (ship)
Silver Spirit outward bound from Southampton 19 May 2011.
|Port of registry:||
|Launched:||February 27, 2009|
2009–2018: 36,009 GT2018 onwards: 39,519 GT
2009–2018: 195.8 m2018 onwards: 210.7 m
|Beam:||89 ft (27 m)|
|Speed:||20.3 knots (37.6 km/h) (est)|
608 passengers (double occupancy)648 (maximum passengers)
Silver Spirit is fitted with 270 ocean-view suites, the suites of the fleet. She also features six different restaurants, an 8,300 square feet (770 m2) spa, and a supper club with live music, dancing and night-club style entertainment.
On 23 December 2009, Silver Spirit departed on her maiden voyage from Barcelona, Spain to Lisbon, Portugal. Following this sailing, she undertook her maiden transatlantic voyage from Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. On 21 January 2010, Silver Spirit embarked on her inaugural transoceanic voyage, a 91-day voyage around America.
In spring 2018, Silver Spirit underwent significant renovation. In a two-month refurbishment the ship was cut in half and an additional section was added. She grew from 195.8 to 210.7 meters long. Her tonnage increased from 36,009 to 39,519 GT, and capacity - from 540 to 608 passengers.
- "Silversea's Newest Ship to be named Silver Spirit". Cruises.about.com. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- "27/02/2009". Fincantieri.it. 2009-02-27. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "New Ultra-Luxury Ship for Silversea". Cruises.about.com. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- "Silver Spirit Receives New Midsection During Stretching Event in Sicily". www.cruisecritic.com. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- Saunders, Aaron (2013). Giants of the Seas: The Ships that Transformed Modern Cruising. Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK: Seaforth Publishing. ISBN 9781848321724.
- Smith, Peter C. (2014). Cruise Ships - The Small Scale Fleet: A Visual Showcase. Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK: Pen & Sword Maritime. ISBN 9781781592816.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Silver Spirit (ship, 2009).|