Sify Technologies Limited (formerly Satyam Infoway) is an Indian information and communications technology company providing end to end ICT solutions including telecom services, data center services, cloud & managed services, transformation integration services and application integration services. Sify Technologies Limited played an important role during the early spread of Internet and e-commerce in India. It has been listed on NASDAQ as SIFY since 1999.This company completed 23 years.
|Genre||Information and communications technology|
|Founded||December 12, 1995|
|Kamal Nath (CEO)|
Raju Vegesna (Chairman & Managing Director)
Number of employees
In 2000, Sify sponsored the India Olympics team. In March 2001, Sify made an agreement with Makemytrip to run Sify's travel portal. In January 2002, Sify announced prizes for most emails sent under a 6-week contest called "Sify Greenmail", promoting emails as an ecofriendly way of communication.
Sify used to run the i-way chain of Internet cafes. In 2002, Sify introduced wireless last mile connections with speeds up to 256 kbps. By August 2003, it had over 1,000 i-Way cyber cafes in India. In December 2003, Sify launched video-conferencing facilities in its Internet cafes.
In 2004, Sify, with Level Up Games, launched a MMORPG. In June 2004, the Supreme Court of India set a legal precedent regarding domain names in the Satyam Infoway Ltd. v. Sifynet Solutions Pvt. Ltd. lawsuit.
- Anurag K. Agarwal (2010). Business and Intellectual Property: Protect Your Ideas. Random House India. pp. 59–60. ISBN 978-81-8400-167-9. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Sify Technologies Ltd. ADS". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Sify registers 41% growth in Jan-Mar qtr"
- "Sify Technologies Company profile". Craft. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- "Satyam Infoway changes name to Sify Ltd". www.rediff.com. Retrieved 2018-08-12.
- "Sify takes IndiaWorld with revised settlement". The Hindu Business Line. 3 July 2000. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Satyam sponsors Olympic team". Tribune India. 26 August 2000. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Makemytrip allies with Coke, Maruti, Sify -- Travel portal targets 300% growth". The Hindu Business Line. 28 March 2001. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Help plant more trees through 'Sify Greenmail'". Tribune India. 19 January 2002. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "New entrant in Internet service - BSNL to introduce broadband network in city". The Telegraph (India). 26 May 2004. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Last mile connection goes wireless". The Hindu. 11 April 2002. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Cyber cafe opened at IGI airport". The Hindu. 20 August 2003. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Sify launches video-conferencing". Tribune India. 10 December 2003. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "PC games becoming more popular in Chennai". The Hindu. 2 May 2005. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Satyam sells Sify to Silicon Valley's Raju Vegesna". DNA India. 10 Nov 2005. Retrieved 24 July 2014.