|Services||Roll-on/roll-off & shipping|
It started trading in the mid-90s as Star Reefer, before Siem Industries successfully carried out a number of acquisitions of additional smaller shipping lines (and their tonnage), renaming the whole company as Siem Shipping in 2012.
The divisions within the group are:
- Star Reefer
- Siem Bulk
- Siem Car Carriers
- Siem RORO
- Siem Ship management
The main business consists in the maritime transport and distribution of cargo such as brand new and used automobiles, trucks, trailers, Mafi roll trailers, heavy construction machineries and further types of rolling, bulk freight and refrigerated goods.
Siem Shipping has previously announced plans to purchase and take delivery of 2 advanced newly built dual fuel-LNG powered car carrier vessels. The first one, built at Xiamen shipyard, was delivered on 15 November 2019 and named MV Siem Confucius.
Additionally Siem Offshore operates a fleet of about 30 specialized Platform, Supply, Intervention and tug ships.
- "Siem Shipping cancels four car carriers at Uljanik". Marine Traffic. 4 September 2018. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "Norway's Star Reefers name-change to Siem Shipping Line". Sea News. 3 January 2012. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "FSG Delivers Another RoRo to Siem". World Maritime News. 18 March 2018. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "Growing high and heavy shipments lift RORO sector". JOC.com. 10 April 2019. Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- "Shell to bunker Siem". LNG World Shipping. 5 October 2017. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "Siem LNG car carriers for Volkswagen". World Maritime News. 16 November 2019. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- "Siem Offshore". Offshore Energy today. 28 August 2018. Retrieved 15 July 2019.