- Mechanical systems (Rigid body or solid) with Unilateral contact and Coulomb friction as we find in Non-smooth mechanics, Contact dynamics or Granular material.
- Switched Electrical Circuit such as Power converter, Rectifier, Phase-locked loop (PLL) or Analog-to-digital converter
- Sliding mode control systems
4.2.0 / 27 April 2018
|Written in||C++, C, Python|
|Operating system||Linux, Mac, Windows|
Other applications are found in Systems and Control (hybrid systems, differential inclusions, optimal control with state constraints), Optimization (Complementarity problem and Variational inequality) Biology Gene regulatory network, Fluid Mechanics and Computer graphics, ...
- Siconos/Numerics (C API). Collection of low-level algorithms for solving basic Algebra and optimization problems arising in the simulation of nonsmooth dynamical systems
- Siconos/Kernel. API C++ that allows one to model and simulate the nonsmooth dynamical systems. It contains
- Siconos/Front-end (API Python) Mainly an auto-generated SWIG interface of the API C++ which a special support for data structure.
According to peer reviewed studies published by its developers, Siconos was approximately five times faster than Ngspice or ELDO (a commercial SPICE by Mentor Graphics) and 250 times faster than PLECS when solving a buck converter.
- Differential inclusion (an extension of the notion of differential equation) on which much of the NSDS theory relies
- Non-smooth mechanics
- Contact dynamics
- Rigid body dynamics
- Collision detection
- Complementarity theory
- Stiffness, which affects ODEs/DAEs for functions with "sharp turns" and which affects numerical convergence
- Acary, Vincent; Brogliato, Bernard (2008), "Numerical Methods for Nonsmooth Dynamical Systems", Lecture Notes in Applied and Computational Mechanics, 35
- Acary, Vincent; Perignon, Franck (2007), "An introduction to Siconos.", INRIA Technical Report, pp. 45. RT-0340
- Vincent Acary (2012). "Time-Stepping via Complementarity". In Francesco Vasca and Luigi Iannelli (ed.). Dynamics and Control of Switched Electronic Systems: Advanced Perspectives for Modeling, Simulation and Control of Power Converters. Springer Science & Business Media. pp. 446–447. ISBN 978-1-4471-2884-7.
- Acary, V., Bonnefon, O., Brogliato, B. (July 2010) "Time-Stepping Numerical Simulation of Switched Circuits Within the Nonsmooth Dynamical Systems Approach", Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, IEEE Transactions on (Volume:29, Issue: 7), pp. 1042-1055, doi:10.1109/TCAD.2010.2049134
- The official Siconos site
- other related publications