Shweta Tiwari (born 4 October 1980) is an Indian film and television actress. She is known for portraying Prerna Bajaj in Star Plus's Kasautii Zindagii Kay. She is the winner of the 4th season of the reality show Bigg Boss.
Shweta Tiwari in 2014
|Occupation||Actress, television presenter, model|
(m. 1998; div. 2007)
(m. 2013; sep. 2019)
Tiwari married actor Raja Chaudhary in 1998 and the two have a daughter named Palak. She filed for a divorce in 2007 after nine years of marriage. Tiwari reported she suffered a troubled relationship characterised by Raja's alcoholism and violence. She had complained how he used to beat her up on a daily basis. He used to turn up on the sets of her shows and misbehave with her.
Tiwari and actor Abhinav Kohli got married on 13 July 2013 after dating for almost three years. On 27 November 2016, Tiwari gave birth to a baby boy. Reports of problems in their marriage first emerged in 2017. In August 2019, Tiwari filed a complaint of domestic violence against Kohli alleging harassment by Kohli towards her and her daughter Palak. Kohli was taken into police custody. Later on, through an Instagram post, Palak clarified that Kohli had subjected her to verbal but not physical abuse. Tiwari and Kohli separated in 2019.
In 2010, Tiwari participated in the 4th season of the reality show Bigg Boss. She was declared as the winner of the season on 8 January 2011.
|2001||Kaahin Kissii Roz||Anita||STAR Plus|
|2001–2008||Kasautii Zindagii Kay||Prerna Sharma||STAR Plus|
|2006||Nach Baliye 2||Contestant||STAR Plus||6th place|
|2007||Naaginn||Queen Surmaya||Zee TV|
|2008–2009||Jaane Kya Baat Hui||Aradhana Sareen||Colors TV|
|2009||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai||Prerna||STAR Plus||Guest|
|Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao||Contestant||Sony TV|
|Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3||Host||Colors TV|
|2010–2011||Bigg Boss 4||Contestant||Colors TV||Winner|
|2011||Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli||Herself||Zee TV||Cameo|
|Adaalat||Revathy Nagpal||Sony TV|
|Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo||Archana Chagan Patil||SAB TV|
|Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur||Contestant||Sony TV||Winner|
|2011–2013||Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi||Sweety Ahluwalia||Sony TV|
|2013||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6||Contestant||Colors TV|
|2014||Comedy Nights with Kapil||Guest||Colors TV|
|Baal Veer||Mahabhasm Pari||SAB TV|
|2019||Hum Tum And Them||Shiva||ALTBalaji|
|2019–present||Mere Dad Ki Dulhan||Guneet Sikka||Sony TV|
|2004||Aabra Ka Daabra||Shivani R. Singh||Hindi|
|2009||Apni Boli Apna Des||Satkar Kaur||Punjabi|
|2009||Devru||Kannada||Special appearance in an item number|
|2010||Benny And Babloo||Sheena||Hindi|
|2011||Bin Bulaye Baraati||Rajjo / Rosie||Hindi|
|2011||Miley Naa Miley Hum||Hindi||Special appearance in an item number|
|2012||Married 2 America||Pratap Singh's Wife||Hindi|
|2012||Yedyanchi Jatra||Marathi||Special appearance in an item number|
- Farzeen, Sana (4 October 2017). "Happy Birthday Shweta Tiwari: Salute to a woman who aced all her roles". The Indian Express. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- "Shweta Tiwari birthday: Some facts about the 'Kasautii Zindagii Kay' actress". Times Now. 4 January 2018. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- "TV celebs galore at Shweta Tiwari's house party". mid-day. 11 June 2018. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "Shweta Tiwari Profile on In.com".
- "Shweta Tiwari's daughter Palak turns 17, actor shares special birthday wish for her sweetheart". The Indian Express. 8 October 2017. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Shweta files for divorce". The Telegraph – Calcutta. Calcutta, India. 21 June 2007. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "TV actresses who were victims of domestic violence".
- "Raja Chaudhary gets bail after beating up Shweta Tiwari". The Indian Express. 27 January 2011. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- Kavita Awaasthi (11 October 2012). "He sacrificed our daughter for property: Shweta Tiwari". The Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 15 October 2012. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "Shweta Tiwari gives birth to baby boy". indianexpress.com. 2 December 2016. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- "Shweta Tiwari promises something beautiful to son Reyansh on his birthday, see photos". The Indian Express. 5 December 2017. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "All is not well between Shweta Tiwari and husband Abhinav Kohli?". The Indian Express. 16 October 2017. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Shweta Tiwari files domestic violence case against husband Abhinav Kohli". The Indian Express. 12 August 2019. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "TV actor's daughter opens up about allegations against stepfather". The Indian Express. 13 August 2019. Retrieved 13 August 2019.
- Pioneer, The. "Stepdad never molested me: Shweta Tiwari's daughter clarifies". The Pioneer. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- "Shweta Tiwari on separation with 2nd husband: I will do what is right for my kids". India Today. 12 October 2019. Retrieved 12 November 2019.
- "Happy Birthday to Shweta Tiwari; the original Prerna of Television Industry!". Free Press Journal. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- "Shweta Tiwari wins Bigg Boss 4 - Times of India ►". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- "Shweta Tiwari and Rupali Ganguly on Parvarish". in.com. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- "GR8! TV Magazine - Shweta Tiwari makes a comeback with Begusarai on &TV". www.gr8mag.com. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- "Ecstatic Shweta plans to spend Bigg Boss moolah on daughter". The Indian Express. 9 January 2011. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Winners All". The Indian Express. 12 February 2011. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Range of famous personalities to contest in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa". The Indian Express. 28 May 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Shweta Tiwari excited about first negative role in 'Baal Veer'". The Indian Express. 21 July 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Shweta Tiwari on her digital debut in Hum, Tum and Them: This seemed like the perfect opportunity". The Indian Express. 26 February 2019. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- Bhasin, Shriya (17 September 2019). "Yes! Shweta Tiwari is making a comeback on TV". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- Shaheen Parkar (4 October 2010) Shweta's item song. mid-day.com.