Shweta Salve in 2011
Early life and education
Born in Chembur, Mumbai to Deepak & Hema Salve, sister of Sharvil. She studied in Loreto Convent School in Chembur and graduated with a BA degree from Sophia College, Mumbai. She displayed her talent in school dramas and dance performances. In her college festival Shveta won the title of Miss Kaleidoscope.
Shveta was one of the main actors in Hip Hip Hurray, a television serial on Zee TV in 1998 and 2001. Shweta acted in TV serials like Lipstick and Saarrkar but she became popular in her role as Dr Ritu Mishra in Left Right Left on SAB TV. She made her feature film debut with Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi (1999), which was also the feature film debut of host of actors including, Rinke Khanna, Sanjay Suri, Dino Morea and Akashdeep Saigal, though the film didn't do well at the box office. She later appeared in TV series like Kittie Party, Saarrkar, Kahin Kissi Roz and a brief role in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin.
She participated in the first season of popular Dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (2006). She paired with the choreographer Longinus Fernandes and was the runner up. In 2007 she appeared as host of TV sports reality series, Cricket Star. She appeared on the cover of the April 2008 issue of Maxim India magazine.
- Ek Tha Chander Ek Thi Sudha (2015) on Life OK
- Dance India Dance (2010) on Zee TV
- Khatron Ke Khiladi - Season 2 (2009) on Colors TV
- Hip Hip Hurray (1998) on Zee TV
- Saturday Suspense (1998-1999) on Zee TV
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (Season 1) (2006)
- Kittie Party (2002) on Zee TV
- CID: Special Bureau as Sunidhi (2004) on Sony TV
- Left Right Left (2006)as Dr. Ritu Mishra on SAB TV
- Lipstick (2002) on Zee TV
- Par Is Dil Ko Kaise Samjaye (2002) on Sony TV
- Sarrkkar - Risshton Ki Ankahi Kahani on (2005) Zee TV
- Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasmaan (2006)
- "Mona 'Jassi' Singh wins Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa". DNA newspaper. 27 October 2006.
- Shweta Salve Times of india news
- "Shweta's Bollywood dreams". DNA. 24 September 2008.
- Hughes, Simon (24 January 2007). "Star of India that offers way out". The Telegraph. London.
- "Shveta faces the pressure". The Times of India. 9 September 2009.
- "I have a strong mind: Shveta". The Times of India. 11 August 2009.
- "Shweta Salve with designer Hermit Singh?". WorldSnap.