Shock Wave 2
Shock Wave 2 is an upcoming Hong Kong action film written and directed by Herman Yau, produced by and starring Andy Lau. The film is a thematic sequel in-title-only to the 2017 film, Shock Wave, featuring a new storyline and characters. In the film, Lau plays a former bomb disposal officer who falls into a coma in an explosion and becomes a top suspect of a terrorist attack. After being apprehended, he escapes from prison as a fugitive to prove his innocence.
|Shock Wave 2|
Teaser film poster
|Mandarin||Chāi Dàn Zhuān Jiā Èr|
|Cantonese||Caak3 Daan2 Zyun1 Gaa1 Ji6|
|Directed by||Herman Yau|
|Produced by||Andy Lau|
|Written by||Herman Yau|
|Music by||Mak Chun Hung|
|Edited by||Azrael Chung|
|Distributed by||Universe Films Distribution|
A series of bomb explosions have been occurring in Hong Kong, causing fear amongst the public. Former bomb disposal officer Poon Sing-fung (Andy Lau) fell into a coma at a crime scene injured in an explosion and becomes top wanted criminal after the police suspects of his ties with the criminal organisation, the Resurrection Group. After waking up from his coma, Poon was interrogated and imprisoned. Poon escapes from prison in order to investigate the truth and prove his innocence. On his lonely and helpless road, Poon enlists the help of his comrade in arms, bomb disposal officer Tung Cheuk-man (Sean Lau). However, the two fall into a conflict of black and white as Tung must choose between justice and friendship. Tung decides to choose the latter and assists his friend. At the same time, Poon's ex-girlfriend, Pong Ling (Ni Ni), who is now the chief inspector of the Counter Terrorism Response Unit, desperate to discover the culprit behind the series of explosions, persuades Poon to come in contact with the Resurrection Group to find out this mysterious organisation's next terrorist move and prove his innocence. Poon realises that exposing the truth is just as challenging as disposing explosives, risking his life as he races against time.
- Andy Lau as Poon Sing-fung (潘乘風), a former bomb disposal officer of the Explosive Ordinance Disposal Bureau (EOD) who becomes a top suspect of a terrorist attack after falling unconscious from an explosion.
- Sean Lau as Tung Cheuk-man (董卓文), a bomb disposal officer of the EOD and Poon's comrade in arms who assists his friend to prove the latter's innocence
- Ni Ni as Pong Ling (龐玲), Poon's ex-girlfriend who is the chief inspector of the Counter Terrorism Response Unit
- Philip Keung
- Tse Kwan-ho
- Ron Ng
- Timmy Hung
- Kenny Wong
- Jerome Cheung
- Babyjohn Choi
- Zhang Yang
During a celebration event for the box office success of Shock Wave on 4 May 2017, producer and star Andy Lau unofficially announces a sequel to the film will be made in response to the film's success. On 16 March 2018, Universe Entertainment officially confirms a sequel, titled Shock Wave 2, will be made and released a teaser film poster. Lau will return as producer and star while Herman Yau will also return as director. Daneil Lam, president of Universe Entertainment, reveals that the screenplay of the sequel is currently being developed and production will commence in 2019. Yau also reveals that Shock Wave 2 will be a thematic sequel with new characters and a new story line. A week later, the film was promoted at the 2018 Hong Kong International Film & TV Market (Filmart), which ran from 19 to 22 March 2018.
On 8 March 2019 while attending as a presenter for the 25th Hong Kong Film Critics Society Award ceremony, Andy Lau revealed that he had begun working on the filming of Shock Wave 2, and appearing in a new hairstyle look for his role in the film.
On 28 March 2019, the film held its production commencement blessing ceremony in Kam Tin, Yuen Long. The ceremony was attended by director Herman Yau along with cast members Lau, Sean Lau, Ni, Philip Keung, Tse Kwan-ho, Ron Ng, Hung, Kenny Wong, Jerome Cheung and Zhang Yang.
On 30 March 2018, filming of a car explosion scene took place in Temple Street where cast members Andy Lau, Sean Lau, Keung, Ng and Wong were present. Real firefighters and paramedics were employed for the filming of this scene instead of using extra actors
On 27 April 2019, filming of a major explosion scene involving Lau dropping a grenade into a sandbag defence place in East Tsim Sha Tsui. A number of police cars, ambulances and an EOD vehicle were used in the scene along with over 50 extra actors.
- "HK actor Andy Lau back in top form". Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "Filmart: Universe whips up sequels to 'The White Storm', 'Shock Wave' (exclusive)".
- "Filmart: Universe Sells 'The White Storm 2' to Multiple Territories (Exclusive)".
- "Andy Lau happy with "Shock Wave" box office success".
- "Andy Lau Decides to Make "Shock Wave 2"".
- "【電影評論學會大獎】劉德華讚秋生命中率高 下年誓入圍爭獎" (in Chinese).
- "【陳偉霆翻版】街坊唔識倪妮猛問係邊個 但又想埋身影相" (in Chinese).
- "《拆彈專家2》正式開鏡 劉德華劉青雲再鬥演技！相隔17年再合作-" (in Chinese).
- "【逾百人圍觀】劉德華廟街拍戲惹混亂 中女粉絲出怪招影相" (in Chinese).
- "廟街汽車爆炸 姜皓文企隔籬食正彈落地" (in Chinese).
- "《拆彈專家2》尖東鬧巿驚現爆炸 劉德華「瞓身」拆彈".
- "17年後再合作 劉德華劉青雲拍《拆彈2》勁開心".