|Alma mater||Kyoto University (Ph.D., 1982)|
|Known for||Fourier-Mukai transform|
|Awards||MSJ Autumn Prize (1996)|
Chunichi Culture Award (中日文化賞) (2000)
Osaka Prize (2003)
He introduced the Fourier–Mukai transform in 1981 in a paper on abelian varieties, which also made up his doctoral thesis. His research since has included work on vector bundles on K3 surfaces, three-dimensional Fano varieties, moduli theory, and non-commutative Brill-Noether theory. He also found a new counterexample to Hilbert's 14th problem (the first counterexample was found by Nagata in 1959).
- Mukai, Shigeru; Oxbury, W. M. (8 September 2003) , An Introduction to Invariants and Moduli, Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics, 81, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 978-0-521-80906-1, MR 2004218
- Mukai, Shigeru (5 December 2008), モジュライ理論（1） [Moduli Theory (1)], Iwanami Shoten, ISBN 9784000060578
- Mukai, Shigeru (5 December 2008), モジュライ理論（2） [Moduli Theory (2)], Iwanami Shoten, ISBN 9784000060585
- Mukai, Shigeru (1981). "Duality between and with its application to Picard sheaves". Nagoya Mathematical Journal. 81: 153–175. ISSN 0027-7630.
- 第５１回～第６０回受賞者 [Award winners: 51st - 60th]. Chunichi Web (in Japanese). Japan: The Chunichi Shimbun. Retrieved 4 December 2012.