Sheldon Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Sheldon Township is one of twenty-six townships in Iroquois County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,374 and it contained 613 housing units. Sheldon Township was formed from Concord Township on February 19, 1868.
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 40°43′49″N 87°35′16″W|
|Established||February 19, 1868|
|• Total||39.67 sq mi (102.7 km2)|
|• Land||39.67 sq mi (102.7 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||689 ft (210 m)|
|• Density||34.6/sq mi (13.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
60953, 60966, 60970
Cities, towns, villages
- Darrow at 40.718925°N 87.603084°W
- Eastburn at 40.773092°N 87.635586°W
- Effner at 40.770592°N 87.526139°W
- Webster at 40.773647°N 87.603918°W
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Sheldon Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Disosway Airport
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 53
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.