Shelby Township, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
Location in Tippecanoe County
|Coordinates: 40°28′51″N 87°03′01″W|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||54.17 sq mi (140.3 km2)|
|• Land||53.65 sq mi (139.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.51 sq mi (1.3 km2) 0.94%|
|Elevation||699 ft (213 m)|
|• Density||43.8/sq mi (16.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||453847|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 54.17 square miles (140.3 km2), of which 53.65 square miles (139.0 km2) (or 99.04%) is land and 0.51 square miles (1.3 km2) (or 0.94%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Otterbein (east half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Asbury, Shambaugh, Spencer, and Montmorenci.
US Route 52 US Route 231
Airports and landing strips
- Sutton Airport
- Benton Community School Corporation
- Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 26
- State Senate District 22
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.