She Was a Lady (film)
She Was a Lady is a 1934 American drama film directed by Hamilton MacFadden and written by Gertrude Purcell. It is based on the 1934 novel She Was a Lady by Elisabeth Cobb. The film stars Helen Twelvetrees, Donald Woods, Ralph Morgan, Monroe Owsley, Irving Pichel and Doris Lloyd. The film was released on August 22, 1934, by Fox Film Corporation.
|She Was a Lady|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Hamilton MacFadden|
|Produced by||Al Rockett|
|Screenplay by||Gertrude Purcell|
|Based on||She Was a Lady|
by Elisabeth Cobb
|Edited by||Dorothy Spencer|
|Distributed by||Fox Film Corporation|
- Helen Twelvetrees as Sheila Vane
- Donald Woods as Tommy Traill
- Ralph Morgan as Stanley Vane
- Monroe Owsley as Jerry Couzins
- Irving Pichel as Marco
- Doris Lloyd as Alice Vane
- Kitty Kelly as Daisy
- Halliwell Hobbes as George Dane
- Mary Forbes as Lady Diana Vane
- Jackie Searl as Herbie Vane
- Barbara Weeks as Moira
- Karol Kay as Sheila
- Paul Harvey as Jeff Dyer
- Harold Goodwin as Yank
- Anne Howard as Iris Vane
- Hall, Mordaunt (1934-08-22). "Movie Review - - THE SCREEN; Helen Twelvetrees, Donald Woods and Ralph Morgan in the Mayfair's New Picture". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- Sandra Brennan. "She Was a Lady (1934) - Hamilton MacFadden". AllMovie. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "She Was a Lady". Catalog.afi.com. Retrieved 2018-02-11.