Shaunie O'Neal (born Va'Shaundya Karlette Nelson on November 27, 1974) is an American television personality, entrepreneur, philanthropist and one of the executive producers of VH-1’s reality TV series, Basketball Wives, Basketball Wives LA, and Baller Wives. She was formerly a film marketer and wife of NBA center Shaquille O’Neal.
Va'Shaundya Karlette Nelson
November 27, 1974
|Known for||Basketball Wives (2010–2013, 2017–present) |
Basketball Wives LA (2011–2016)
Shaunie's Home Court (2016–present)
(m. 2002; div. 2009)
|Website||Shaunie O'Neal Twitter|
O'Neal is one of the executive producers of Basketball Wives, a reality series that follows the wives, ex-wives, and girlfriends of professional basketball players. Another reality television show, Basketball Wives LA, follows the Los Angeles wives, ex-wives, and girlfriends of professional basketball players. O'Neal is the center of a third reality television series, Shaunie's Home Court, a reality series that follows the lives of her five children and family.
On December 26, 2002, she married NBA player Shaquille O'Neal at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Before and during their marriage, the couple had four children: Shareef (b. 2000), Amirah (b. 2001), Shaqir (b. 2003), and Me’arah (b. 2006). Shaunie has a son, Myles, from a previous relationship, while Shaquille O'Neal has a daughter, Taahirah, with his former girlfriend Arnetta Yardbourgh. Shaquille and Shaunie O'Neal separated after five years of marriage on September 4, 2007, but reconciled shortly after. On November 10, 2009, Shaunie filed for divorce, citing "irreconcilable differences". Their oldest son, Shareef, is a standout basketball player, who committed to UCLA in 2018.
- "Wichita Falls celebrities". Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- "Va'Shaundya Karlette Nelson - Texas Birth Index". FamilySearch. 27 November 1974. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- "Shaq and Shaunie wedding". BallerWives.com. Baller Wives. 3 November 2009. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- Staff (2012). "Basketball Wives » Season 2 » Cast › Shaunie". VH1. Viacom International Inc. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- Linda Trischitta (1 May 2006). "Shaquille O'Neal & Wife Have a Girl". People Mobile. Time Inc. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- SARAHAMMEL (5 September 2007). "Shaquille O'Neal Files for Divorce". People. Time Inc. Retrieved 31 May 2012.