Shaun Saiko (born November 13, 1989) is a Canadian retired professional soccer player.
|Full name||Shaun Saiko|
|Date of birth||November 13, 1989|
|Place of birth||St. Albert, Alberta, Canada|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2014||San Antonio Scorpions||3||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of June 22, 2014|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of August 21, 2011
After impressing during a trial, Saiko began his professional career with Middlesbrough in the English Football League Championship. Despite playing extensively with the reserves he never made a first team appearance for the club and was released at the end of the 2009-10 season.
Returning home to Canada, he was signed by FC Edmonton of the new North American Soccer League in 2011. He scored the first goal in franchise history on April 9, 2011, in a 2-1 victory over the Fort Lauderdale Strikers. The club re-signed Saiko for the 2012 season on October 12, 2011.
In May 2012, he was named the NASL player of the month for his five goals and two assists, including a hat trick against the Carolina Railhawks.
On November 26, 2013 San Antonio Scorpions announced that Saiko has signed with the club for the 2014 season. Saiko made six appearances for a total of 183 minutes played, and scored one goal. He was released from his contract on August 6, 2014.
- Canada kid Shaun Saiko earns Middlesbrough pro deal
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-05-01. Retrieved 2011-04-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- FC Edmonton wins first-ever NASL game Archived 2011-04-11 at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-15. Retrieved 2011-10-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "FC Edmonton updates its roster, opens up international roster slots". The11.ca. Archived from the original on 13 November 2013. Retrieved 7 November 2013.