Shandong Heavy Industry
|Tan Xuguang (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer)|
|Subsidiaries||Weichai Holding Group Co., Ltd.|
Shantui Construction Machinery
Weichai Heavy-Duty Machinery
In August 2012, Shandong Heavy Industry agreed to acquire 75% of the Italian yacht maker Ferretti Group for €178 million, plus the provision of €116 million of new credit facilities.
In August 2012, Shandong Heavy Industry's Weichai Power subsidiary agreed to acquire a 25% stake in the German forklift maker KION Group for €467 million, and a 70% majority stake in Kion's hydraulics business for €271 million.
Shandong Heavy Industry has five principal operating subsidiaries: Weichai Holding Group Co., Ltd. (the parent company of Weichai Power), Shantui Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., Shantui Machinery Co., Ltd., Shanzhong Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., and Shandong Auto Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- "A Chinese Bulldozer Maker Tacks to...Luxury Yachts". The Wall Street Journal. 28 August 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Shandong Heavy Industries Group to accelerate overseas expansion". China Automotive Review. 7 January 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Shandong plans auto behemoth". China Daily. 26 May 2009. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Three China firms to merge to form auto parts group". Reuters. 25 May 2009. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Chinese Company Buys Italian Luxury Yacht Maker". The New York Times. 10 January 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Ferretti's yachts find fitting berth in China". Reuters. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Shandong Heavy Invests in Germany". The Wall Street Journal. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "China's Shandong Heavy Industry Group signs US$928 mil. deal to buy stake in Kion Group". The China Post. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2013.