Shake, Rattle & Rock! (1956 film)
|Shake, Rattle & Rock!|
|Directed by||Edward L. Cahn|
|Produced by||Alex Gordon|
James H. Nicholson
|Written by||Lou Rusoff|
|Music by||Alexander Courage|
|Cinematography||Frederick E. West|
|Edited by||Robert S. Eisen|
|Distributed by||American International Pictures (US)|
Anglo-Amalgamated Film Distributors (UK)
- Mike Connors (credited as "Touch Connors") as Garry Nelson
- Lisa Gaye as June Fitzdingle
- Sterling Holloway as Albert "Axe" McAllister
- Douglass Dumbrille as Eustace Fentwick III
- Raymond Hatton as Horace Fitzdingle
- Margaret Dumont as Georgianna Fitzdingle
- Percy Helton as Hiram, the funeral director
- Paul Dubov as Bugsy Smith
- Eddie Kafafian as Nick
- Charles Evans as Bill Bentley
- Clarence Kolb as Judge McCombs
- Fats Domino as himself
- Tommy Charles as himself
- Jimmy Pickford as Eddie
- Leon Tyler as Aloysius Pentigrouch
- Pat Gregory as Pat
- Rosie & Carlos as teen dance contest winners
- Annitta Ray as Annita, singing slum teen
- Giovanna Fiorino as Helen
- Frank Jenks as Frank, TV program manager
- Joe Devlin as squad car officer
- Pierre Watkin as Armstrong, editor
- Nancy Kilgas as Nancy
- Choker Campbell as himself
- Big Joe Turner as himself
- Fats Domino - "I'm in Love Again" (Written by Fats Domino as Antoine Domino)
- Fats Domino - "Honey Chile"
- Fats Domino - "Ain't That a Shame" (Written by Fats Domino and David Bartholomew)
- Joe Turner - "Feelin' Happy"
- Big Joe Turner - "Lipstick, Powder & Paint" (Written by Charles F. Calhoun)
- "Choker, The"
- "Rock, Rock, Rock"
- "Sweet Love on My Mind" (Written by Wayne Walker)
- "Rockin' on Saturday Night" (Written by George Matola and Johnny Lehmann)
Allmovie gave the film a rating of 2 stars. A review by Cinemania criticized the actors "for the way they chew up the scenes!".
- Godbout, Oscar (1956). "Gregory to Film Novel by Kantor: Producer Will Make 'On My Honor' from 'God and My Country' for R.K.O. Warwick Signs Two of Local Origin". New York Times (1923-current file), 23 June 1956, p. 15.
- Schallert, Edwin (1956). "Drama: Sheldon Reynolds Will Do 'Tequila' in Mexico; 'Black Stockings' a foot". Los Angeles Times (1923–current file), 13 July 1956, p. 25.
- Archived February 18, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Shake, Rattle & Rock! on IMDb
- Shake, Rattle & Rock! is available for free download at the Internet Archive