Shafqat Cheema is a Pakistani actor and producer. With his career of more than three decades, he is known for playing villain roles and is dubbed as "Pakistan’s favourite villain".
|Born||20 November 1955|
|Years active||1989 – present|
Shafqat graduated from the Jamia Naeemia religious school in 1974. He is the son of an Aalim (scholar), and is a Hafiz and Qari of the Quran.
Shafqat claims that his acting career began by coincidence, when he walked into the Shahnoor Studios. He then decided that he wanted to become a film actor. He struggled for almost 12 years before he was offered a side role in the film Kalka (1989), which also starred Sultan Rahi.
Film director, producer and screenwriter Nadeem Cheema is his brother and actors Sheharyar Cheema and Umar Cheema are his sons, who all participated on the 2017 movie Geo Sar Utha Kay, which he also produced.
|1992||Munda Bigra Jae|
|1994||Pajero Group||Haji Rasheed Ahmed|
|2008||Yarana||Pashto language films debut|
|2011||Bhai Log||Israr David|
|2011||Bol||Saqa Kanjar (Panderer)|
|2011||Son of Pakistan|
|2013||Main Hoon Shahid Afridi||Bashir Bhatti|
|2014||The System||Corrupt SHO|
|2016||Zindagi Kitni Haseen Hai||Released|
|2016||Saya e Khuda e Zuljalal||Released|
|2017||Geo Sar Utha Kay||Ghulam Rasool/Chottu||Released|
|2019||The Legend of Maula Jatt||TBA||Post-production|
|2019||Wrong No. 2||TBA||Post-production|
|TBA||Jab Tak Hain Hum||Post-production|
- Khan, Sher (29 August 2012). "Shafqat Cheema: Pakistan's favourite villain". The Express Tribune (newspaper). Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- Mohammad Kamran Jawaid (20 August 2017), "THE ICON REVIEW: INSPIRED BY THE WRONG ERA", Dawn News. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- Omair Alavi (27 August 2017), "In the picture", The News. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- 'Yalghaar' and 'Ishq Positive' to release under Hum Films Retrieved 17 April 2018
- "Revealed: Sajal Aly and Feroze Khan's debut film will be called Zindagi Kitni Haseen Hai". DAWN (newspaper). 13 November 2015. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- Riding the wave of revival The Express Tribune (newspaper), Published 4 April 2016, Retrieved 17 April 2018