Sextet (Carla Bley album)
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||December 1986 & January 1987|
|Studio||Grog Kill Studio, Willow, New York|
|Genre||Jazz, jazz fusion|
|Carla Bley chronology|
|Penguin Guide to Jazz|
Allmusic awarded the album 3 stars with a review by Richard S. Ginell stating, "The sound bathes in a polished golden ambience very much in keeping with a product distributed under the ECM banner". The Penguin Guide to Jazz awarded the album 2½ stars.
All compositions by Carla Bley.
- "More Brahms" - 7:31
- "Houses and People" - 7:26
- "The Girl Who Cried Champagne" - 6:08
- "Brooklyn Bridge" - 6:35
- "Lawns" - 7:06
- "Healing Power" - 6:22
- Carla Bley discography accessed August 5, 2010
- ECM/WATT discography accessed August 25, 2016
- Ginell, R. S. Allmusic Review accessed August 5, 2010
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (2008) . The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (9th ed.). New York: Penguin. p. 131. ISBN 978-0-14-103401-0.