Seven Seas Explorer
Seven Seas Explorer is a cruise ship built by Fincantieri of Italy for Regent Seven Seas Cruises. She was ordered in 2013. She entered service in July 2016, and features all balcony suite accommodation.
Seven Seas Explorer at Valletta Waterfront
|Name:||Seven Seas Explorer|
|Operator:||Regent Seven Seas Cruises|
|Port of registry:||
|Builder:||Fincantieri, Sestri Ponente, Genova|
|Laid down:||21 January 2015|
|Launched:||30 October 2015|
|Sponsored by:||Charlene, Princess of Monaco|
|Christened:||16 July 2016|
|Completed:||30 June 2016|
|In service:||July 2016|
|Notes:||million in 2018)|
|Class and type:||Explorer-class cruise ship|
|Height:||Air draft about 48 m|
|Propulsion:||2 fix Propellers / Diesel electric|
|Speed:||23.5 knots (Max.) 21.7 knots (Service)|
The ship was christened on July 13, 2016, in Monaco and departed on her maiden voyage later that evening. Charlene, Princess of Monaco, is her godmother. Measuring 55,254 tons and with a capacity for 750 passengers, the vessel is said to be one of the most luxurious cruise ships ever built, adorned with huge amounts of Italian Carrara marble and stone. Significant quantities of gold leaf were used by the shipbuilder, Fincantieri, to add to the opulence, along with many glass chandeliers made from Czech crystal.
Frank J. Del Rio, president and chief executive officer, Norwegian Cruise Line, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. was personally responsible for commissioning hundreds of pieces of art for the ship. On the top deck, deck 14, and above the bridge, there is 4,443 sqft suite, the Regent Suite. The bed in the suite is reputed to have cost $115,000.
- "Fincantieri Launches Seven Seas Explorer". 2015-10-30.
- "Fincantieri delivers Regent Seven Seas Explorer". 2016-07-01. Retrieved 2016-07-01.
- Machan, Teresa (16 July 2016). "A first look inside 'the world's most luxurious cruise ship'". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- Thomas, Ryland; Williamson, Samuel H. (2019). "What Was the U.S. GDP Then?". MeasuringWorth. Retrieved April 6, 2019. United States Gross Domestic Product deflator figures follow the Measuring Worth series.
- Knego, Peter (10 July 2013). "Seven Seas Explorer Ordered". Maritime Matters. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Seven Seas Explorer christened in Monaco: Travel Weekly". www.travelweekly.com. Retrieved 2016-07-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seven Seas Explorer.|
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises official site page about the ship
- "Ultimate Cruise Ship," NOVA television program about the construction of the ship (aired Feb. 8, 2017) on PBS