Seven Group Holdings
Seven Group Holdings Limited (SGH, formerly Seven Network Limited) is an Australian diversified operating and investment group in the media, mining and construction industries.
|Traded as||ASX: SVW|
|Industry||Media, Mining, Construction, Equipment rental|
|Predecessor||Seven Network Limited|
|Founder||Kerry Stokes (Executive Chairman)|
|Ryan Stokes (CEO) |
Warwick Smith (Director)
|Parent||Australian Capital Equity (68%)|
|Subsidiaries||WesTrac (100%) |
Coates Hire (100%)
Seven West Media (33.2%)
Beach Energy (23%)
Seven Network Limited was formed in 1991 by receivers to bundle together the assets of Christopher Skase's failed Qintex business.
In December 2006, Seven Network Limited shareholders voted to spin off the company's 'old media' assets into a 50/50 joint venture with private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR), creating the Seven Media Group.
In 2002, Seven Media Group acquired Pacific Magazines.
In January 2006, Seven Media Group partnered with Yahoo! to launch Yahoo!7, founded as a cross-media entity which would expand the content distribution networks of both companies.
On 22 February 2010, it was announced that WesTrac, owned by Australian Capital Equity, Kerry Stokes's investment firm, would merge with Seven Network Limited, and the combined entity was renamed "Seven Group Holdings".
In April 2011, Seven Media Group was acquired by West Australian Newspapers Ltd to create Seven West Media Ltd. Seven Group Holdings remains Seven West Media's largest shareholder, with a 33.2% stake.
- Evans, Michael (17 March 2010). "Revealed: Kerry Stokes's $100m land bonanza". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 24 October 2019.
- "About Seven Group Holdings". SevenGroup.com.au. Seven Group Holdings Ltd. n.d. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Seven shareholders approve media spin off". The Age. Australian Associated Press. 23 December 2006. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Seven Network and WesTrac to merge". The Sydney Morning Herald. 22 February 2010. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- Burrell, Andrew (12 April 2011). "Kerry stoked by creation of Seven West Media giant". The Australian.
- "Our Investments: Seven West Media". SevenGroup.com.au. Seven Group Holdings Ltd. n.d. Retrieved 23 May 2019.