The Servile Wars were a series of three slave revolts ("servile" is derived from "servus", Latin for "slave") in the late Roman Republic.
- First Servile War (135−132 BC) — in Sicily, led by Eunus, a former slave claiming to be a prophet, and Cleon from Cilicia.
- Second Servile War (104−100 BC) — in Sicily, led by Athenion and Tryphon.
- Third Servile War (73−71 BC) — on mainland Italy, led by Spartacus.
- Battles of the Roman Servile Wars
- Slavery in ancient Rome
- Roman Republican civil wars
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.