Location of Seremban District in Negeri Sembilan
|Coordinates: 2°45′N 101°55′E|
|Local area government(s)||Seremban Municipal Council|
Nilai Municipal Council
|• District officer||n/a|
|• Total||935.02 km2 (361.01 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+8 (Not observed)|
|Vehicle registration plates||N|
There are two local councils within Seremban district:
(Inner Seremban town)
- Nilai Municipal Council (MPN)
(Outer Seremban town)
Both Seremban Municipal Council and Nilai Municipal Council are expected to merge becoming Seremban City Council (MBS) in 2020.
Seremban District is divided into 8 mukims, which are:
The Seremban core areas come under jurisdiction of Seremban Municipal Council (MPS).
The outer Seremban areas come under jurisdiction of Nilai Municipal Council (MPN).
- Bandar Baru Nilai
- Sungai Gadut
- Taman Seremban Jaya
- Bandar Seremban Selatan
- Taman Tuanku Jaafar
- Rasah Kemayan
- Ulu Beranang
Seremban 2 is a new satellite township about 4 kilometres south-east of the existing old Seremban town centre. Located on the western side of the North–South Expressway, Seremban 2 is a planned township built on former oil palm estate land with the aim of relocating the administrative and business district from the crowded old town centre to a more organised area.
Spanning over 2,000 acres (8 km2) of land, Seremban 2 will be the site of the new
- Seremban District administrative offices
- Seremban Court Complex.
- District Police headquarters
- State Fire Brigade headquarters
The RM2 billion township will also sustain a large portion of the population of Seremban through various housing estate projects in and around Seremban 2 such as
- Green Street Homes
- Sri Carcosa
- Central Park
- Emerald Park
- Garden Homes
- Garden Avenue
- Garden City Homes
- Vision Homes
- S2 Heights
- Park Avenue
The residents here enjoy many facilities with ÆON Seremban 2 Shopping Centre, City Park, Seremban 2's very own Lake Gardens and comparably less traffic than the town centre.
- Lemak cili padi. Seremban is also famous for its masak lemak cili padi or called gulai lemak cili api, a traditional Negeri Sembilan hot dish.
- Siew pau. It is a type of baked bun with flaky pastry bun and meat (usually pork) filling.
- Beef noodles. This beef noodles, are the best here in Seremban, and the best beef noodles which can be found in Seremban is located at the main Seremban market in town (Pasar Besar Seremban). This stall has been operating for nearly 3 generations now.
- The beef or meat can be found at Pasar Ampangan near Ampangan. Beef that sells there is very cheap and high in quality (stall no.18 and 17). It is also has been operating for 3 generations. The beef noodle get their beef at this stall for 3 generations.
- ABC or air batu campur meaning shaved ice with brown sugar syrup and rose flavouring, corn, beans, and cendol.
- Traditional mutton soup
- Seremban Laksa
- "Population Distribution and Basic Demographic Characteristics, 2010" (PDF). Department of Statistics, Malaysia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 May 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Seremban 2". Archived from the original on 2008-08-28.
- "The Legendary Siew Pau - ThingsAsian". www.thingsasian.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seremban District.|