Semantic computing addresses three core problems:
- Understanding the (possibly naturally-expressed) intentions (semantics) of users and expressing them in a machine-processable format
- Understanding the meanings (semantics) of computational content (of various sorts, including, but is not limited to, text, video, audio, process, network, software and hardware) and expressing them in a machine-processable format
- Mapping the semantics of user with that of content for the purpose of content retrieval, management, creation, etc.
The IEEE has held an International Conference on Semantic Computing since 2007.
- IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing
- IEEE International School on Semantic Computing
- International Journal of Semantic Computing
- Institute for Semantic Computing
- Semantic Computing Research Group
- Semantic Link Network