Securities Industry Association
The Securities Industry Association (SIA) was an association of firms and people who handle securities (in the financial sense) (stocks, bonds and their derivatives). In 2006, it merged with the Bond Market Association to form the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association.
|Extinction||2006 (merged with the Bond Market Association to form the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association)|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, United States|
The association published the annual Securities Industry Yearbook 1980-2006, and numerous other publications including for example the Securities Industry Fact Book (1993) and Who's Who in the Securities Industry (1972) and volumes such as:
- The New York Securities Industry : Its Economic Impact on New York State and City (July 1994);
- Tucker, J. Richard, State and Local Pension Funds, 1972; Digest of Authorized Investments and Actual investments (1972)
- Calvert, Gordon L., Fundamentals of Municipal Bonds (1973)
- Shana Madoff—served on the Executive Committee of the Compliance & Legal Division of the Securities Industry Association.
- Securities Industry Yearbook, Hathi Trust Digital Library catalog record. Search only access to volumes 1981*; 1983/84*; 1984/85; 1987/88; 1988/89*; 1989/90; 1993/94*; 15 (1994/95); 16 (1995/96); 18 (1997/98); 24 (2003/2004); 25 (2004/2005); 26 (2005/2006); 27 (2006/2007); all with digital originals from Cornell University and *University of Michigan. Links to other volumes' entries at SIY pages. Retrieved October 24, 2012.