Second City Hall (Ottawa)
Built by architects Horsey and Sheard of Ottawa, the Second Empire French and Italian Style had one tall tower and three smaller ones. The building used Gloucester Blue Limestone and Ohio sandstone.
The second city hall lasted until a fire destroyed it in 1931. The next permanent city hall was not built until 1958. In the interim the municipal government was housed at the Transportation Building.