Sears Centre Arena
The Sears Centre Arena is an 11,800-seat multi-purpose arena in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, a northwest suburb 25 miles from Chicago. The arena has 43 luxury suites on two separate levels and seating capacities range from 2,200 (theater set-up) to 10,595 for end stage events. It was estimated to attract over 750,000 visitors annually.
|Address||5333 Prairie Stone Parkway|
|Location||Hoffman Estates, Illinois|
|Owner||Village of Hoffman Estates|
Football, hockey, lacrosse, and soccer: 9,400
Theater shows: 3,000–6,000
|Field size||Maximum Floor Dimensions: 105’ X 248’|
Ice Rink Maximum Dimensions: 200’ x 85’
Ceiling Height (floor to steel): 70’
|Broke ground||July 21, 2005|
|Opened||October 26, 2006|
|Construction cost||$62 million|
|General contractor||Ryan Companies|
|Chicago Hounds (UHL) (2006–2007)|
Chicago Storm (MISL II/XSL) (2006–2009)
Chicago Shamrox (NLL) (2007–2008)
Chicago Slaughter (CIFL/IFL) (2007–2013)
Chicago Bliss (LFL) (2009–2010, 2013–2014, 2018–2019)
Chicago Outlaws (CILL) (2011–2013)
Chicago Express (ECHL) (2011–2012)
Chicago Soul FC (MISL III) (2012–2013)
Chicago Mustangs (MASL/M2) (2014)
Windy City Bulls (NBA G League) (2016–present)
The Sears Centre Arena is located near the former site of the Poplar Creek Music Theater.
In 2011, the Village of Hoffman Estates took over ownership of the arena after Ryan Companies US, Inc. walked away from the arena due to the arena's lack of success. However, since the village took over the arena and hired Global Spectrum to manage it, the arena has shown improvements.
The naming rights to the arena were not affected by Sears Holdings bankruptcy in 2018.
- In 2008 and from 2010 until present, the Illinois Recreational Cheerleading Association (IRCA) hold their annual state championship at the facility.
- The fourth annual TNA Bound for Glory Professional wrestling pay-per-view event on October 12, 2008, which was TNA's first ever event in the Chicago area.
- The arena was also the venue which featured TNA's first ever Impact Wrestling outside of Orlando, Florida, on March 14, 2013.
- On May 19 and 20, 2011, it played host to the Chicago audition stages in the first season of the Fox singer search program The X Factor.
- In 2009 and 2011, it played host to Strikeforce events.
- September 12–14, 2014: Played host to the Davis Cup, hosting matches between the United States and Slovakia.
- 2014 Skate America
- The 2017 and 2018 Ken Kraft Midlands Championships, hosted by Northwestern University's wrestling program, have been hosted at the Sears Centre.
- September 1, 2018: All In, the largest ever independent professional wrestling event, presented by Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks, featuring the top names in the indies and certain wrestlers from New Japan Pro-Wrestling, like Kenny Omega and Kazuchika Okada. This event was the springboard for the creation of All Elite Wrestling (AEW) several months later.
- August 31, 2019: hosted the wrestling pay-per-view event AEW All Out, at which AEW crowned its first world champion.
- November 27, 2019: hosted the Thanksgiving Eve episode of Dynamite.
- "About Us". SearsCentre.com. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- "Promoter Guide". SearsCentre.com. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- "Groundbreaking is set for Sears Centre arena". Chicago Tribune. July 20, 2005.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-02. Retrieved 2011-09-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Plan An Event". SearsCentre.com. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- Halberstadt, Doug (January 20, 2015). "Sears Centre offers variety of sporting events". Rock River Times. Rockford, Illinois. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- Selvam, Ashok (December 16, 2009). "Hoffman Estates takes over Sears Centre". Daily Herald. Arlington Heights, Illinois. Archived from the original on January 6, 2010. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- "Hoffman Estates adjusts to owning arena". DailyHerald.com. 2010-07-07. Retrieved 2011-03-13.
- "Sears Centre shining for Hoffman Estates". DailyHerald.com. Retrieved 2011-03-13.
- "Bound For Glory 2008 In Chicago". TNAWrestling.com. 2007-09-20. Archived from the original on 2008-06-07. Retrieved 2008-06-09.
- "All In sellout a genuine surprise to Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks". Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- "Kenlin, Shchennikova Win All-Around In The Hopes Division Of 2013 U.S. Challenge". Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Ross Wins All-Around At 2013 Secret U.S. Classic". Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Single-Session Tickets For 2014 Secret U.S. Classic Go On Sale May 16". Retrieved July 2, 2014.
|Events and tenants|
| Home of the
Chicago Sports Zone