SeaLink Travel Group
|Traded as||ASX: SLK|
|Industry||Tourism & travel|
|New South Wales|
|Clint Feuerherdt (Managing Director)|
|Revenue||$251.3 million (June 2019)|
|$23.4 million (June 2019)|
|Subsidiaries||Bay Islands Transit|
Captain Cook Cruises
Captain Cook Cruises Western Australia
Kangaroo Island SeaLink
In 2011, the business of Captain Cook Cruises (including the previously taken over Matilda Cruises), Murray River Cruises and Sunferries Townsville was purchased. The Townsville operation was rebranded Sealink.
Sealink has also diversified, purchasing specialist travel companies, managing the Adelaide Central bus station, operating the SkyLink Adelaide Airport Shuttle Service and a coach operation. In September 2013, SeaLink commenced a ferry operation in Darwin.
In October 2013, SeaLink was floated on the Australian Securities Exchange.
In November 2015, Sealink acquired Transit Systems marine operations, which includes:
- Bay Islands Transit ferry operation in Brisbane
- Gladstone Ferries
- Stradbroke Ferries operation in Brisbane
In February 2016, the Captain Cook Cruises Western Australia business was purchased.
In October 2019, the company announced the acquisition of the remaining business of Transit Systems for $635 million. As part of the transaction, Sealink's CEO, Jeff Ellison, stepped down, to be replaced by Transit Systems' CEO, Clint Feuerherdt, who will own 2.6% shareholding of the enlarged SeaLink. Transit System's co-founder and chairman Neil Smith will also join the SeaLink Board of Directors as a non-executive director and also take up 15.3% shareholding of the company.
- Prospectus SeaLink Travel Group 2013
- Sealink News Sealink Queensland
- SeaLink Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- Half Yearly Report SeaLink 31 December 2013
- Terry Dodd has each way bet on Manly fast ferries tender Sydney Morning Herald 3 December 2014
- Acquisition of Captain Cook Cruises Western Australia SeaLink Travel Group 24 February 2016
- "SeaLink to buy bus business Transit Systems, raise equity". Australian Financial Review. 7 October 2019.
- "SeaLink boss to set sail in bus buyout deal". Australian Financial Review. 7 October 2019.
- "SeaLink gets on the bus in $635m Transit Systems buy". The Australian. 7 October 2019.
- "SeaLink eyes offshore push with Transit Systems". Australian Financial Review. 8 October 2019.
- "SeaLink announces strategic acquisition of Transit Systems Group and launches capital raising". SeaLink Travel Group. 7 October 2019. Archived from the original on 8 October 2019. Retrieved 8 October 2019.