Scott Bevan (journalist)
Scott Bevan (born 1964 in Newcastle, New South Wales) is an Australian TV and radio presenter, journalist and biographer.
|Born||1964 (age 54–55)|
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
|Moscow Correspondent ABC TV (2008 – 2010)|
News presenter ABC News 24 (2010 – 2015)
Scott Bevan grew up near Merewether in Newcastle. In 1984 he joined The Newcastle Herald as a cadet journalist. He later worked in commercial radio as a news presenter. After a fifteen-month stint in Japan he joined the Nine Network in 1989 as a reporter. He spent time in Perth working for Nine News.
Bevan moved to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation in 2005, working initially as reporter for the 7.30 Report and a presenter on ABC Local Radio. In 2008 he was posted to Moscow as a correspondent for ABC Television.
In 2010, he returned to Australia to become a presenter on ABC News 24.
In 2014, Bevan's biography of Australian artist Sir William Dobell, Bill: The Life of William Dobell, was published.
In January 2016, Bevan resigned from the ABC to restart a music career. He now works for The Newcastle Herald, where he hosts a segment called "Bevvies with Bevan".
- "Authors » Scott Bevan". Fremantle Press. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- Thompson, Frances (31 July 2010). "Scott Bevan says there's no place like home". The Newcastle Herald. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "Scott Bevan - Reporters". Foreign Correspondent. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "About ABC News 24". ABC News 24. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "Book review: Bill: The life of William Dobell, by Scott Bevan". The Sydney Morning Herald. Australia. 2 January 2015. Retrieved 21 June 2016.