The facade on Strandgade
The property was part of a large lot at present-day No. 8–14. Jacob Madsen, Christianshavn's mayor from 1641 to 1653, lived at No. 10.
The current house was built in 1668. It was later adapted by master builder Johan Bernhardt Schottmann. Originally from Saxony, he had settled as a mason in Copenhagen in 1763. His later works included a new warehouse for Danish Asiatic Company further down Strandgade (No. 25) and Søkvæsthuset's Bådsmandsgade Wing.
The building is four storeys tall and five bays wide. The gate opens to a narrow, cobbled courtyard. It is to the southwest defined by two consecutive side wings, one in brick and one with timber framing, and to the south east by a rear wing. The last side of the courtyard is defined by the side wing and rear wing of the Jennow House at No. 12.
- Niels Brocks Gård at indenforvoldene.dk