School for Love
School for Love (Futures Vedettes) is a French drama film from 1955, directed by Marc Allégret, written by Marc Allégret, starring Brigitte Bardot and Jean Marais. The scenario was based on a novel of Vicki Baum.
|School for Love|
|Directed by||Marc Allégret|
|Produced by||Gilbert Cohen-Seat|
|Written by||Marc Allégret|
|Based on||Eingang zur Bühne (The Entrance to the Stage)|
by Vicki Baum
|Music by||Jean Wiener|
|Edited by||Suzanne de Troeye|
Régie du Film
Del Duca Films
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|26 April 1955 (France); 28 January (West Germany)|
|Box office||$7.1 million|
The film was known under the title "Joy of Living" or "School for Love" (USA), "Sweet Sixteen" (UK), "Reif auf jungen Blüten" (West Germany).
Tenor Eric Walter (Jean Marais) is a teacher at a conservatory of Vienna. He is separated from his wife, opera singer Marie (Denise Noël). He begins seeing one of the students, Sophie (Brigitte Bardot). Another student, Elisa (Isabelle Pia), becomes jealous at this.
- Jean Marais as Éric Walter
- Brigitte Bardot as Sophie
- Isabelle Pia as Élis (Élisa)
- Yves Robert as Clément
- Denise Noël as Marie Koukowska-Walter
- Mischa Auer (crédité Misha Auer) as Berger
- Lila Kedrova as la mère de Sophie
- Edmond Beauchamp as le père d’Élis
- Yvette Etiévant as la mère d’Élis
- Georges Reich as Dick
- Anne Colette as Marion
- Odile Rodin as Erika
- Mylène Demongeot as The vocalist
- Silverman, Lisa (2012-06-19). Becoming Austrians: Jews and Culture between the World Wars. ISBN 9780199794881.
- Stinson, Charles (3 June 1960). "Bardot (Clad) Studies Voice in New Film". Los Angeles Times. p. A7.
- "Future Vendettes". Box Office Story.
- Futures vedettes (1955) at the Films de France
- School for Love on IMDb
- "Box Office Figures for Jean Marais films". Box Office Story.