|Role||Biplane reconnaissance flying boat|
|Primary user||Regia Aeronautica|
Of wooden construction with a single-step hull, with pilot and observer/gunner in tandem open cockpits in the bow, the S.57 was powered by a single 186 kW (249 hp) Isotta-Fraschini V.6. The observer had a single ring-mounted 7.7 mm (0.303 in) machine gun.
A sole S.57bis (improved) was built, with a 224 kW (300 hp) Hispano-Suiza Type 42 engine.
- Crew: 2
- Wingspan: 11.25 m (36 ft 11 in)
- Gross weight: 1,605 kg (3,538 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Isotta Fraschini V.6 6-cyl. water-cooled, in-line piston engine, 186 kW (249 hp)
- Maximum speed: 215 km/h (134 mph, 116 kn)
- Guns: 1 × 7.7 mm (0.303 in) machine gun mounted on a Scarff ring for the observer
- Donald, David (1997). The complete encyclopedia of world aircraft (Reprinted. ed.). New York, NY: Barnes & Noble Books. p. 820. ISBN 9780760705926.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Savoia-Marchetti.|